What's new

IOS7 and spotlight search

angeliq

Reaction score
Am I clumsy? My home screen is full of icons. If I swipe to my 2nd screen from the right and the action is a little bit from the top, I sometimes manage to activate the spotlight search app by accident... maybe Apple must change the action so that, the swipe from the right, if a bit from the top, does not activate spotlight. Spotlight should be activated if you swipe from the middle down.... is there anybody else experiencing the same?

Am I clumsy? My home screen is full of icons. If I swipe to my 2nd screen from the right and the action is a little bit from the top, I sometimes manage to activate the spotlight search app by accident... maybe Apple must change the action so that, the swipe from the right, if a bit from the top, does not activate spotlight. Spotlight should be activated if you swipe from the middle down.... is there anybody else experiencing the same?
Not had that problem but it may happen to someone. Just a tip : Try operating it with 1 hand only while holding it in portrait orientation, and while sliding, do it in such a way so that the finger moves side to side, and not diagonally.

Not had that problem but it may happen to someone. Just a tip : Try operating it with 1 hand only while holding it in portrait orientation, and while sliding, do it in such a way so that the finger moves side to side, and not diagonally.
I manage to do that. I don't know if its possible, but if the side "activation" can be disabled by the programmers (I don't know if it can be done.... forgive me), that would make it more than perfect!!!!