What's new

Ios5

How is pinch to zoom a poor system?

iOS is built 100% around pinch to zoom. The fact that the camera app worked differently from the rest of the OS was actually an issue that Apple corrected.

Are u kidding me. Pinch to zoom is awesome. Just need to hold phone with both hands or have long fingers........ So put down the peanut butter and jelly and pinch it good. Lol.

Pinch to zoom is alot better than having to touch the screen to make that bar show up on the bottom and then drag it left or right.

Trucker lots of one handed operation here

IF you are using your phone to take pictures while driving, I don't have ONE BIT OF SYMPATHY for you. And I pray you don't kill someone because you feel it is more important to touch a phone than your steering wheel.

?? I still see the zoom bar on my camera (an upgraded iPhone4, not iPhone4s). Pinch to zoom also works, although I personally find it awkward and imprecise. I don't use the zoom all that much anyway, but I think I'll continue using the zoom bar instead of the pinch.

It's kind of hard to get the bar to appear, though. It seems like you have to give a little pinch first and then the bar pops up.

Wow! Didn't THINK of pinch to zoom! Tried it! Works! Anyone know about those OPTIONS? HDR = high density resolution, but what is " grid"?

HDR = High Dynamic Range. It has nothing to do with the photo's resolution. It has everything to do with the photos coloring.

Grid allows an overlay so you can frame your shot properly. It is a tool that started out with professional photographers and has worked its way down to us unwashed masses.

Skull One said:
HDR = High Dynamic Range. It has nothing to do with the photo's resolution. It has everything to do with the photos coloring.

Grid allows an overlay so you can frame your shot properly. It is a tool that started out with professional photographers and has worked its way down to us unwashed masses.

Damn... I didn't even know the HDR one!!
Hey, thanks for the help bro!!!!

LOVING the new camera edit options in photos :) and the albums also :)

Anyone know about those OPTIONS? HDR = high density resolution, but what is " grid"?

HDR is not what you think. :) It means High Dynamic Range. Here's a link to a good explanation. Briefly, it is absolutely awesome for pictures with a lot of sky with clouds or sunset. Indoor or generally low-light pictures look better with HDR off. For other pictures, it depends. You probably want to set the option that says to keep both pictures when HDR is enabled. Then you look at both, and discard the one that doesn't look as good. (This is one of the many reasons I don't think Photo Stream is a good idea, since I typically discard one of two outdoor pictures immediately).

Grid is much simpler. Try it and you will understand immediately. It just lays a light set of gridlines over your viewfinder to help you compose your picture better. The gridlines don't show up in the picture.