What's new

IOS Update query

redmist3

Reaction score
Advice appreciated please,

We have two iPhones a 6 and a 6 plus both are at IOS 9.2.1 and show as up to date in Settings General which is where they were updated from..

When either phone is connected to iTunes on PC (win10) iTunes says that update to 9.2.1 is available.

Its not causing a problem but why does iTunes think the phones require an update.
If I select update then iTunes Update starts to run and then hangs until I close the program, is there a bug in iTunes?

Thanks for looking.

There's no bug in iTunes.
A second version of iOS 9.2.1 was released, only available through iTunes. That's why it tries updating your devices. 9.2.1 (version 2) corrects error 53 for repaired devices, where the repair has not been carried out by an Apple technician. The error bricked iDevices.

There's no bug in iTunes.
A second version of iOS 9.2.1 was released, only available through iTunes. That's why it tries updating your devices. 9.2.1 (version 2) corrects error 53 for repaired devices, where the repair has not been carried out by an Apple technician. The error bricked iDevices.

My new iPad Air 2 does this also when connected to iTunes could you give a little more
details please

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

My new iPad Air 2 does this also when connected to iTunes could you give a little more
details please

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.
Replacing the Home button by someone else but Apple technicians bricked iDevices prior to this update, resulting in error 53. The error was caused by a feature that's meant to ensure the security of the data on iPhone and iPad, and this feature is connected to the Touch ID sensor.
Hope this will show additional information:
If you see error 53 and your iPhone or iPad gets stuck on the 'Connect to iTunes' screen - Apple Support