What's new

iOS update delivery

dnaber

Reaction score
Question, I understand that Apple is working on a update to fix the battery issue but I was wondering how we will recieve the update.... Will this be OTA or will we have to connect to iTunes? Thanks

when 5.0.1 is released officially you will be able to update simply by going into the settings and General then software update and it will download whats new from ios 5.0.1 and download it and UPDATE your device, if you want you can do a full restore by using the usb and using itunes as updating over the air will not let you restore so really that is the only reason why you would need to plug into the computer, if you have a problem or for what ever reason did not want to do an update and would rather restore

Question, I understand that Apple is working on a update to fix the battery issue but I was wondering how we will recieve the update.... Will this be OTA or will we have to connect to iTunes? Thanks

Based on the previous OTA patches I have done while under the original iOS 5 Beta, the iOS 5.0.1 should be OTA with no issues what so ever. And if you want to track my posts about iOS 5.0.1 Beta in regards to battery life, please follow along in this thread - Apple is aware of battry life problem on 4s and iphone 4