What's new

IOS Developer program and Using Apps Like Cydia on it?

iphonefr33k

Reaction score
Is it possible to install cydia and tweaks on a developer Iphone 4s or 5? I read from this article that as a apple developer your phone is basically turned into a FAILBREAK.

Since there will be an identifier unique to you as a developer for one and that the apps must be signed through xcode I am unsure if this would work unless you had the source code from the app and compiled it through xcode and then it would be signed as your app or am I wrong about this part?

Even if this would work it would be an expensive way to go with a yearly fee of $99 to remain as an individual developer, just to have a filesystem rooted.

Link:

iOS 6 Untethered Jailbreak: Pod2g Talks About Jailbreak Status, iPhone 5 Exploits and More - IBTimes UK

section:

Chpwn's Exploits with iPhone 5 Running iOS 6

It's not just the system files, it's also the ability to open and close ports that makes jailbreaks, well, a jailbreak. As for the source code from an app, if you have developer access, you can pull it straight off the net once you have developer access. I have a dev account to help a couple of friends with their app maintenance and updates and bugs and such as well as to get around the little cracks to find out about kernel changes and such

Can you open and close these ports on a developers device? In other words a developers iDevice will still be as good as a jailbroken phone or not?

Jailbreaks basically avoid the need to manually open or close these ports. Developer accounts are used to test and in a sense create jailbreaks and to find exploits and such

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 