What's new

iOS 7 vs Most common JB apps

Rik756

Reaction score
So for all of you guys (and girls) that are way smarter than I am, has anyone done a comparison of the new functions/features of ios 7 to some of the more/most common cydia apps?

Specifically things like:
AskToCall to prevent butt-dials
MissedReminder for calls
Most importantly- RingerX VIP to make custom text vibrations and individual caller settings
The ability to turn off that damn sent text tone (without using an app to delete the sound file)
Custom phone unlocking like AndroidLock XT instead of the number pad

I've been told that Apple occasionally listens to the masses and incorporates "some" functions/features at their discretion. Just wondering if there is any REAL customization ability in 7.

I know they're never incorporate things like Tetherme or Applocker....

Thanks,
Rik

They've opened up their system design to mock that of a few jailbroken tweaks. But the ultimate goal of the stock iOS is to have everything so simple and basic that (as many articles have said) "your grandmother can pick it up and use it". Customization will most likely never come to the stock iOS unless it becomes open-sourced, which it won't as it'll be susceptible to external threats and would also mean that jailbreaking will be much easier

Most importantly- RingerX VIP to make custom text vibrations and individual caller settings
The ability to turn off that damn sent text tone (without using an app to delete the sound file)
Custom phone unlocking like AndroidLock XT instead of the number pad

I know they're never incorporate things like Tetherme or Applocker....

Thanks,
Rik

I just upgraded from JB 4s to new 5s and missing RingerX VIP, especially the ability to turn off volume for certain time period, eg at the movies. Any suggestions while we wait for iOS7 to be JB?

So for all of you guys (and girls) that are way smarter than I am, has anyone done a comparison of the new functions/features of ios 7 to some of the more/most common cydia apps? Specifically things like: AskToCall to prevent butt-dials MissedReminder for calls Most importantly- RingerX VIP to make custom text vibrations and individual caller settings The ability to turn off that damn sent text tone (without using an app to delete the sound file) Custom phone unlocking like AndroidLock XT instead of the number pad I've been told that Apple occasionally listens to the masses and incorporates "some" functions/features at their discretion. Just wondering if there is any REAL customization ability in 7. I know they're never incorporate things like Tetherme or Applocker.... Thanks, Rik
I can make individual ringer alerts and custom text vibrations on iOS 7. These are set in contacts for individuals. For general custom text vibrations go to settings>Sounds>Text Tones>Vibrations>Custom>Create New Vibration.