What's new

iOS 7.0.3 was released

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So along with the many goodies including Free Mavericks for Lion and ML Customers Apple has also released iOS 7.0.3 :D

Can this day get any better?!?!?!?!?!

ios-703-logo.png

iOS 7.0.3
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
  • Adds iCloud Keychain to keep track of your account names, passwords, and credit card numbers across all your approved devices
  • Adds Password Generator so Safari can suggest unique, hard-to-guess passwords for your online accounts
  • Updates lock screen to delay display of “slide to unlock” when Touch ID is in use
  • Adds back the ability to search the web and Wikipedia from Spotlight search
  • Fixes an issue where iMessage failed to send for some users
  • Fixes a bug that could prevent iMessage from activating
  • Improves system stability when using iWork apps
  • Fixes an accelerometer calibration issue
  • Addresses an issue that could cause Siri and VoiceOver to use a lower quality voice
  • Fixes a bug that could allow someone to bypass the Lock screen passcode
  • Enhances the Reduce Motion setting to minimize both motion and animation
  • Fixes an issue that could cause VoiceOver input to be too sensitive
  • Updates the Bold Text setting to also change dial pad text
  • Fixes an issue that could cause supervised devices to become un-supervised when updating software
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
Apple security updates

Taken from here: Apple Releases iOS 7.0.3, With iCloud Keychain, Password Generator, and More | MacTrast

So along with the many goodies including Free Mavericks for Lion and ML Customers Apple has also released iOS 7.0.3 :D Can this day get any better?!?!?!?!?! iOS 7.0.3 This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including: [*] Adds iCloud Keychain to keep track of your account names, passwords, and credit card numbers across all your approved devices [*] Adds Password Generator so Safari can suggest unique, hard-to-guess passwords for your online accounts [*] Updates lock screen to delay display of “slide to unlock” when Touch ID is in use [*] Adds back the ability to search the web and Wikipedia from Spotlight search [*] Fixes an issue where iMessage failed to send for some users [*] Fixes a bug that could prevent iMessage from activating [*] Improves system stability when using iWork apps [*] Fixes an accelerometer calibration issue [*] Addresses an issue that could cause Siri and VoiceOver to use a lower quality voice [*] Fixes a bug that could allow someone to bypass the Lock screen passcode [*] Enhances the Reduce Motion setting to minimize both motion and animation [*] Fixes an issue that could cause VoiceOver input to be too sensitive [*] Updates the Bold Text setting to also change dial pad text [*] Fixes an issue that could cause supervised devices to become un-supervised when updating software For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: Apple security updates Taken from here: Apple Releases iOS 7.0.3, With iCloud Keychain, Password Generator, and More | MacTrast
It's not yet showing in the software update section of settings on my iPhone.

Last edited:
Maybe different countries are getting it at different times.

Usually its all the sme time, just updated my iPad as well, I would not be surprised if they did that though as it lightens the server loads, dling mavericks as well :D

Not showing up on mine either. In Kansas City. I know in the past apple has staggered the release times albeit on the same day..perhaps to make sure the servers can handle it or to prevent long download times.... Perhaps?

Chomping at the bit here.. I have a feeling my battery life is going to be reduced today as I check for this update every half hour.

EDIT: My iPhone 5 is updating! I can't wait to see what iCloud Keychain can do for us :)

Last edited:
It appears that the zoom in/out animations have been subdued a bit in iOS 7.0.3. Good news for those who were experiencing motion sickness.

I updated to iOS7.0.3 this morning, mainly because it stated that they added back the Wikipedia search in spotlight search. I do like the less motion of the update but do not see Wikipedia in Spotlight search or even listed in the settings for searching with Wikipedia. Does anyone know how to activate it without having to type in Wikipedia in the search box?

When you start a search and type it in, Wikipedia option is at the very bottom...scroll down

I updated to iOS7.0.3 this morning, mainly because it stated that they added back the Wikipedia search in spotlight search. I do like the less motion of the update but do not see Wikipedia in Spotlight search or even listed in the settings for searching with Wikipedia. Does anyone know how to activate it without having to type in Wikipedia in the search box?
When you start a search and type it in, Wikipedia option is at the very bottom...scroll down
Here's a screenshot to illustrate how to search Wikipedia in Spotlight Search.

$image-3440912450.jpg

yes, but if your search finds items on your phone, you have to scroll down to find the wiki option.