What's new

Ios 6 quick question

alifkm2

Reaction score
Quick question for ios 6 users out there. Especially iphone 4 users.

1) how was the battery life? Is it better than 5.1.1?

2) how was the apple "maps"? Is it better than google maps?

Thank you.

I have the iPhone 4. I would say battery life seems about the same. And no. Google maps much better. There are several threads about this. Mapquest has a decent free app for now. That being said IOS 6 seems to be a lot smoother and faster. My 5.1.1 was getting sluggish.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

On my iPhone 4 I had to reinstall iOS 6 to get my call waiting to work. I also noticed that now I have no sent mail folder in my email, just Inbox, VIP and trash. All my photo folders are gone except the one for all my pics taken with the iPhone.

The only major improvement I've noticed is Safari speed. Its much better now than it used to be. This is when its being used on wifi.

notchstang92 said:
On my iPhone 4 I had to reinstall iOS 6 to get my call waiting to work. I also noticed that now I have no sent mail folder in my email, just Inbox, VIP and trash. All my photo folders are gone except the one for all my pics taken with the iPhone.

The only major improvement I've noticed is Safari speed. Its much better now than it used to be. This is when its being used on wifi.

I thought my photo stream was gone until I noticed the extra tab on the bottom.

Atomsteelv22 said:
How do u get 3d in maps?? Does it work?

??????

Not if you have the iPhone 4. Just the 4S.

I'm a truck driver and use the map app all the time for Route planning I do not use the turn by turn because I have a trucker GPS i do like the apple map app better then google app and I'm running up to 650 mils a day it seems to be More accurate for trip planning but that's one mans Opinion

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Thank you so much guys for your opinion.

Already updated to ios 6 and lose my jailbreak. Really miss ncsettings, zephyr & password pilot. They helped a lot. But there is also so much improvement in ios 6. Smooth, new colour for theme, faster, but only one thing the the new app & itunes store is slow to load up a bit. maybe will be improve soon. So, the update worth it. & the apple map was not so bad at all. Maybe at certain places it is bad. My only suggestion to apple is to have offline maps and navigation. Im always travel oversea. So i think it will help me much because when im oversea its not worth to do data roaming. It cost me a lot.

The battery is just the same as 5.1.1. Overall, its great.