What's new

iOS 6.1 Will be Even Harder to Jailbreak

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
8258-iphone-5-first-official-photo.JPG

Phones Review writes today that according to their sources in the jailbreaking community, it looks as though iOS 6.1, when it is eventually released, will be even harder to jailbreak than the current iOS 6/0.1, which is still waiting for an untethered jailbreak. This latest news comes in the form of a tweet from Stefan Esser, or @i0n1c on Twitter, who stated the following: “There must have been some change of guard at Apple. iOS6.1 adds again tougher protections, although public JB community hasn’t broken iOS6 yet.” Phones Review says that Esser is a “well known and respected member of the jailbreaking community,” in particular because he came up with the untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.2, as well as for the third-gen iPad jailbreak for iOS 5.1. Commenting on this story, Cult of Mac says that the change of guard that Esser is talking about is Craig Ferenghi, who has taken over from the departing Scott Forstall, and who apparently is much less tolerant towards jailbreaking than his predecessor was. As Phones Review notes, this will be disappointing news for those looking to jailbreak their iOS 6 iPhones and iPads.

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT]iPhone 5 untethered jailbreak concerns as iOS 6.1 even tougher » Phone Reviews
“Changing Of The Guard” At Apple Makes iOS 6.1 Much Harder To Jailbreak, Says Hacker | Cult of Mac

when a mfg or company. doesn't want you to have access to certain areas. they will always make it harder than the last time. it's cat and mouse and it will always be that way.
but i will say this, if man can make it, man can break it:)

The Jailbreak for iOS 6.0.1 for A4 devices is still tethered. It is surely very difficult to jailbreak it otherwise the jailbreak would had been released by now. iPhone 4S and other later devices still wait in queue. I guess iOS 6.0.1 jailbreak will again take months.

Apple considers the jail break a security breach, and as such will continue to close down exploits either reactively or proactively. Will it eventually be broken? Perhaps. The effort to do so will be more and more difficult over time, so fewer people will put in the necessary effort.

i mean its common sense to me that upgrading will always cause jb to become harder.

Is it worth jail breaking your iPhone because, it slows your phone down and makes it unstable,I jail broke my iPhone 4 and it was the worst thing I did, it slowed down and became very unstable, I have an iPhone 5 now and don't think I will bother to jailbreak it

Is it worth jail breaking your iPhone because, it slows your phone down and makes it unstable,I jail broke my iPhone 4 and it was the worst thing I did, it slowed down and became very unstable, I have an iPhone 5 now and don't think I will bother to jailbreak it

It's not the jailbreak that causes the instabilities....it's the Cydia tweaks/themes you installed... it amazes me how many people don't do their homework before installing Cydia apps/tweaks then blame the jailbreak for random crashes.... LOL

It's not the jailbreak that causes the instabilities....it's the Cydia tweaks/themes you installed... it amazes me how many people don't do their homework before installing Cydia apps/tweaks then blame the jailbreak for random crashes.... LOL

i agree. a fresh jailbreak is 99% similar to stock firmware. there are almost NO changes during the initial JB process that will cause a phone to slow down or anything [unless you have done the JB incorrectly]
i advise you to only install from known sources and please read ahead before you install

I'm on iOS 6.0 on my iPhone 4S. Should I update to 6.0.1 now or stay on 6.0? Waiting for untethered method btw.
The Untethered JB being worked on right now for the 4S will work on both iOS 6.0 & 6.0.1. So, if you wish to update... make it happen now before apple sneaks 6.1 in on us and closes your window for 6.0.1.

I jailbroke all my iPhone from 3G to 4s but everytime I need to update to a firmware I always had a hard time restoring it. I have a iPhone 5 now and still have 4s jailbroken on 5.0.1 and afraid to restore. As much as I love being jailbroken, I'll stick with stock and update with no worries. If you jailbreak you must read and read before installing anything, it will cause problems.