What's new

iOS 5 update network timeout help!?!?

repcosy

Reaction score
Hi I wonder if I can get any advice off here. I managed to get iOS 5 onto my iPad last night, however I'm now in the process of updating my phone and I know many people have experience error codes like I did last night. However. This time my phone won't even start updating I just gain a pop up saying server timed out however it hasn't even given it 3 seconds before this pops up. My Internet is fully working and connected properly. Has anyone else experienced
this problem?

Based on the reports I have seen only around a few million people have had to deal with the server timeouts due to overloading.

Cheers for your help.... Is it best to just wait instead of being that one added person bombarding there servers!?! They seriously need to bring in a lottery next time to sort this out!

LOL! Apple didn't expect everyone to upgrade at once. They goofed. I am pretty sure the iOS 5 adaption rate was calculated to cover weeks. And once again, Apple fans proved that they wanted to do the same work load in hours.

Right now I would say wait if you can.

If you directly download the ipsw file, that seems to help with the network timeout issue.
However, I am getting an error 3194 message during the "verify with apple" stage. Any recommendations? I've already tried rebooting.

That issue is also related to overloaded servers. You can wait or keep trying and pray for server that isn't overloaded.

I am still having this problem tonight. I have tried all night and day to get this download. Not sure what else to do

Be aware, less aware people will hook up their devices over the weekends adding to the strain on Apples servers, so it's likely to be a week or so before it calms down.

Just be thankful your not hooked on crackberries lol!

This is now day 3 that I am trying to download the new iOS 5 update. Server timeout message has popped up at least 8 times so far. I have used up 7GB of data already, because of having to restart the download process! Please help an old lady out here :(

Hi I wonder if I can get any advice off here. I managed to get iOS 5 onto my iPad last night, however I'm now in the process of updating my phone and I know many people have experience error codes like I did last night. However. This time my phone won't even start updating I just gain a pop up saying server timed out however it hasn't even given it 3 seconds before this pops up. My Internet is fully working and connected properly. Has anyone else experienced
this problem?

I had the same network timeout issue and was able to solve it with a few tips, check out my post on how - http://www.mindfulsearching.com/ios-5-network-timeout

As for the iPhone software verification, I not sure what to do about that. i have heard that completely restoring your phone can solve it, but can't personally vouch for that.

I had the same network timeout issue and was able to solve it with a few tips, check out my post on how - IOS 5 Network Timeout - Apple OS 5 Download Error

As for the iPhone software verification, I not sure what to do about that. i have heard that completely restoring your phone can solve it, but can't personally vouch for that.

Dear MindfulSearching, I checked out your post and I cannot thank you enough! You are a genius and my new found hero! Thank you.
I disabled my antivirus and did the flushdns, and am ecstatic to report that it then took me a mere 1 hour to download the complete IOS 5 update without a single timeout. This after 6 days of constant fails, you can only imagine how relieved and grateful I am. Thank you, thank you, thank you a million trillion times over! :)