What's new

iOS 5 Said to Have Better Notification System and Widgets

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B3uj-MAJx0&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - iOS 5 Concept Lion-Style Dashboard[/ame]​

MacRumors reports on a TechCrunch post today about what may or may not be featured in iOS 5, due to be unveiled by Apple at its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) at the beginning of June. According to TechCrunch, a new notifications system and widgets are two of iOS 5’s most noteworthy new features.

MacRumors points out a very commonly held belief that iOS notifications are one of the platform’s weaker features currently, so many will welcome this development if it turns out to be true. This is not the first time revamped notifications have been mentioned in association with iOS 5 either, as earlier in the year reports surfaced that Apple had hired a developer to work on a new notifications system.

As for the new widgets feature, it would possibly be something similar to the widgets in Mac OS X, although that’s purely speculation at the moment (the above video is a concept video from designer Jan-Michael Cart setting out his vision of what widgets on iOS might look like).

Finally, TechCrunch says that the much vaunted Nuance technology will surprisingly not be part of iOS 5’s voice control feature.

Source: iOS 5 to Bring Revamped Notification System and Widgets? - Mac Rumors

From what I heard when I got my iP4 few days ago, the 5 won't be out now till fall due "plant explosion" in Korea. I believe the above is for OS.

He didn't say just that the earthquake in Japan had pushed back the first release date till early summer and now this pused it till at least September. I haven't really looked into it, been busy with my phone :)

He didn't say just that the earthquake in Japan had pushed back the first release date till early summer and now this pused it till at least September. I haven't really looked into it, been busy with my phone :)

Hum... Catastrophic for apple.