What's new

iOS 5 Newsstand

gtmeloney

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten any magazines or newspapers to appear in the NewsStand on iOS 5 beta?

I can't figure out how to get anything there.

its in the app store same as you get the ibooks... seems like a waste to me when ibooks did the same thing as the newsstand only newstand is just annoying and gets in the way and you can even hide it in a folder, when i jailbreak it will be one of the first apps i delete

I didnt think this would work till the final ios5 build came out?

it works just fine but i dont think there is much of a selection in the app store for magazines

Learn something new everyday here. Thanks for the info Unleashed, i would have never tried this out because last i knew it just didnt work yet.

it works just fine but i dont think there is much of a selection in the app store for magazines

When I open up the newsstand folder the "store" button is not active and when I touch it nothing happens. I just want to try it out. Do I need to download a newsstand app or is the app already on the phone? And if so, why is my "store" button not active? Where do I get content for this? I am on a Windows PC with beta 2 installed on an iphone4.

Thanks

This is the same problem I noticed. The STORE link from the newsstand itself is disabled. I have downloaded a dozen or so newspapers and magazine apps from the app store, none of which resulted in an item appearing in the newsstand. I just want to see what it is all about, apparently that isn't an option yet.

Learn something new everyday here. Thanks for the info Unleashed, i would have never tried this out because last i knew it just didnt work yet.

Did you get it to work? Is the store button disabled on yours? Any help would be appreciated.

There are pictures and videos floating around of the WWDC and there were definitely magazines in the newsstand, but I can't find any that are willing to go there.

There are pictures and videos floating around of the WWDC and there were definitely magazines in the newsstand, but I can't find any that are willing to go there.

I can't either. I've read there is supposed to be a new section in the itunes store for newspaper and magazine subscriptions but I can't find that either. Is it maybe just for the ipad because I am on an iphone4. How about a little help from those who've said it works.

There is a category in the app store called "News", but everything I've seen in there is a stand alone app, not something that appears in the newsstand. Being that there is a button in the newsstand called "store" that does nothing right now, I think it is safe to assume that the Newsstand functionality is not enable yet.

Anyone get it working in Beta 2?

I have to believe it's enabled for the ipad only right now. If either of the two people on here who said it works have it working on the iphone I wish they would let us know how.

Anyone get it working in Beta 2?

I have to believe it's enabled for the ipad only right now. If either of the two people on here who said it works have it working on the iphone I wish they would let us know how.

I'm inclined to agree with you. That's fine though, I have and iPad as well. I am looking forward to see how it works. Hopefully my local papers will jump on the band wagon. I would gladly get a subscription to several if they went digital. Much easier to read the paper on my throne when on my iPad.