What's new

iOS 5 Beta Working “Flawlessly” on iPhone 3GS

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBQ1T8A2qQY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - iOS5 beta 1 on iPhone 3GS - Demo[/ame]​

9to5 Mac Reports today that following on from Steve Jobs’ confirmation during his keynote speech yesterday that iOS 5 will run on the iPhone 3GS, several bloggers have wasted no time in looking into exactly how well iOS 5 works on the 3GS, as well as checking to see if anything major is missing for users of the older phone. In one particular demo video, the user says that he thinks iOS 5 beta works “flawlessly” on the 3GS. Apparently Notification Center works fine on the older phone, and the same goes for Twitter integration and Newsstand. Many of the new camera features are also enabled in the 3GS, such as grid lines, although image editing is not. Safari’s new Reading List feature is also supported, although Reader and the new tab bar do not appear to be. So, by and large, it looks as though the rumours that iOS 5 would not be compatible with the iPhone 3GS, or indeed the original iPad, were unfounded, I’m pleased to say!

Source: iOS 5 on iPhone 3GS: What’s missing? | 9 to 5 Mac

I can't wait to get it. And it's working with less lagging on the 3gs. That's good. I love the notification center and the icloud so far.

icloud is very good along with free PC and being able to use the phone when it syncs, eliminating the need for freeSync from cydia.. also the camera being able to take pics with the plus button on the side of the device...

still trying to find new features, i know there is so many i have not discovered yet

icloud is very good along with free PC and being able to use the phone when it syncs, eliminating the need for freeSync from cydia.. also the camera being able to take pics with the plus button on the side of the device...

still trying to find new features, i know there is so many i have not discovered yet

And what making me think is how apple is copying apps and tweaks one by one from cydia. That new way of taking picture was in cydia long ago under the name of isnap or something. Same for that freesync, over all it's good that they are catching up, but what about bluetooth? They still decide to stay way behind the scene?

yes they do, the whole app store idea was from installer as well
Hoop I didn't know about that. Poor guys at apple. Without installer and/or cydia I'm trying to imagine what will apple iPhone be actually :)

yes they do, the whole app store idea was from installer as well
Hoop I didn't know about that. Poor guys at apple. Without installer and/or cydia I'm trying to imagine what will apple iPhone be actually :)

yes before app store was introduced in ios 2.0 we used installer for a jailbreak app since 1.XX firmwares and suddenly in 2.0 app store was introduced and then in 2.0 cydia slowly took over, i remember a lot of people including myself refused to jailbreak because only cydia was available and not installer lol