iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
iOS_5_beta_2.JPG
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So iOS Beta 2 has been out for a couple of days now, and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]AppleInsider has an excellent round up of what the second beta reveals, including changes to lock-screen notifications, an iMessage slide-away keyboard, and several other bits and bobs.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]First up, AppleInsider says that iOS 5.0 beta 2 shows new versions of the home screen notifications, which now have larger writing and an icon of the app that they’re referring to. They will hang around on the home screen for a couple of seconds and then turn into the regular lock-screen notifications.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Next up, AppleInsider looks at the iMessage keyboard, which it seems has been designed to slip unobtrusively out of the way when you scroll up through your message history. Nifty![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]And as for the other bits and bobs? Well another thing that AppleInsider has spotted is that the purple iCloud icon from beta 1 has been replaced by the now-familiar shiny silver iCloud icon. AppleInsider also reports that the over-the-air Software Update feature is now working in beta 2.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Source: AppleInsider | Inside iOS 5: New lock screen notifications, receding iMessage keyboard[/FONT]

Hi,

I have noticed several troubles with the Beta 2 of the iOS 5 !

- GPS does not work properly with Navigon (maybe with other GPS Software too).
- Battery fall very quickly
- iMessenger does not want to be activated
- WiFi sync does not work (and i have a Mac Book) ... I do not really understand why a this time ! Maybe an option to activate ??

Nice Day !

Hi,

- WiFi sync does not work (and i have a Mac Book) ... I do not really understand why a this time ! Maybe an option to activate ??

Nice Day !

read the release notes again you will see what your missing to get wifi sync to work on your mac

Im still having trouble with reminders using my GPS location. Anyone else experiencing this?

Not with beta 1 but not test with beta 2 yet !

I will test !

You have troubles with beta 1 or 2 ?

Aloha all,
JB, 5 beta 2(developer) via sn0wbreeze v2.8b3, then restored via cloud backup. Cydia icon on screen but does not open. Tried Redsn0w and Cydia allowed my repos but apps did not work. Also reloaded ibooty. I have read the notes. I use win 7 and itunes 10.5.0.43. ibooty will not open for me. What do I do to get Cydia to open the way it should ? The ios 5-2 loads apps slow and I can't get wyfi sync to work. All apps that were saved on cloud reloaded ok. Anybody have experience that may help would be welcome. Thanks again. joepa

Hi,

Nice Day !

read the release notes again you will see what your missing to get wifi sync to work on your mac
Im having some what of the same issue, i have the latest itunes and it doesnt show the wireless sync in the option menue. Im also running windows.

Hi,

Nice Day !

Im having some what of the same issue, i have the latest itunes and it doesnt show the wireless sync in the option menue. Im also running windows.

only works on mac in this beta

I have understand the wifi sync only works with Mac at this time !