What's new

ios 5.1 software upgrade doesn't have siri?

buckz6319

Reaction score
I upgraded my iphone4 to the new ios 5.1, and it doesn't have siri?

will they have a app for that?

thanks for any info:)

iOS and iTunes updates are now available. Between the new mobile operating system and media app, folks will see plenty of minor improvements such as a "4G" icon, a smarter Siri and a fine-tuned iTunes Match.Silly icons aside, iOS 5.1 also adds Japanese language support to Siri, finally allows users to delete individual images from Photo Stream and places a neat camera shortcut onto the lock-screen. It also improves face-detection, revamps the iPad camera app, and fixes bugs affecting battery life and call audio.

If you hold down your homescreen button as if it is siri you can have voice control it wont be able to do as much as siri but its a start and i tried searching the market theres 1000s of apps if one hasnt been created im sure one will be soon not a bad idea tho check out my blog if you would like to learn how to create an app with no experience my blogs url is good luck :)

please refrain from posting external links,thank you.......IPF STAFF.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is Spire which works with a proxy server and will get you what you want

Last edited:
thanks for all the info, I have updated the software and do use the voice comands some, however I do miss the voice to text feature that my sndroid phone had...