What's new

IOS 5.1.1 (9B208), reinstall issues on iPhone 4 factory unlocked

avinash73

Reaction score
I have an Iphone 4 ios 5.1.1 (9B208) factory unlocked.I have saved my SHSH blobs. I had few issues with phone and hence tried to reinstall Ios 5.1.1 in my phone.so i used redsnow to stitch BLOB to my firm and then tried to restore. It goes a to place where i get an unknown error (1). I try to get out of recovery mode by fix recovery and then it goes to a screen where it says build is being identified and it stays the same forever. does not get updated? wat can i do further. i dont wanna go to latest IOS version.

Did you use iTunes to restore it in the end? or RedSn0w. RedSn0w has a restore feature that stitches AND upgrades/installs the iOS for you all in one swoop.

I tried restore in redsnow and its not working and it says current version only supports stitching. i have 0.9.14b2 version of redsnow. So i have stitched blobs and used shift + restore through iTunes.

You need to have the latest version of redsnow

Well Well!!!!! I kept trying and it worked finally..But no clue as to how..Thats one thing with iPhone..it will keep failing and suddenly wake up to your needs.. LOL..Anyways thanks for your tips :)