What's new

ios 5.0.1 update

getyourkicks

Reaction score
hi all apple fans and users....
i would to ask all of u about ios 5.0.1...
i'm currently using iphone 4 running with ios 5.0 and works great but now i'm currently very eager to update my iphone to ios 5.0.1 because APPLE said that they have fixed battery issue...

my question is, should i update to ios 5.0.1?i've read some forum and many of them said the ios 5.0.1 doesnt really fixed battery issue but it become even worse..
hopefully my fellow iDevice owner can help me with this..

thanks..:)

Stand pat! Don't upgrade! It's a crap shoot as to whether it will help or make it worse. Just wait till it's sorted out further.

Last edited:
I did the upgrade on my iPhone 4 and it's really no change I never really had a battery problem. My phone still runs great and smooth.

Just Installed the update. OTA took only about 5 min total with download, install, and reboot. Before the update I had some issues, not with battery, but with my phone closing what I was currently doing (safari, games, calendar input... U know the basic stuff u'd do on ur phone) so i thought maybe the update would fix that but now it seems like I'm losing battery much faster than before! It's only been 30 min since I've upgraded and all I've done is sent a couple of texts, browsed a couple of things on safari, and read some forum posts and I've already dropped 4%. I thought maybe I had some apps still running in the background on location turned on for every app I have but nope....all I have running is this forum n nothing enabled on location. Maybe it's too soon to tell but it makes me a little nervous knowing that I've already dropped 4%....now 5% when it never did this before when I had almost every app possible running and playing several games 😒

I made the mistake by upgrading.

This is even worse, DON'T UPGRADE!!!!!!!!!!!

I upgraded yesterday and my battery use
is WAY better now
it is 8pm now took phone off the charger at 6am used the living hell out of. it today and at 14 hours later I am at 90%
made phone calls texed suff the web
sent e/mail posted on face book and 14 hours latter I am at 90% that's in my mind not bad that's on a iPhone 4 on iOS 50.1

I updated today to the 5.01 and have not noticed a difference what so ever. But then again i did not have problems to start with.

what is there not to believe
to me apple had fixed the problem with the battery
my iPod touch 4 used to eat the battery way faster than the iPhone now with 50.1
it really good for me the battery is really good now
I am happy

Well upgraded last night this am took off charger, it's now 9:32pm. I have 12 hrs 32 min standby and 2hrs 45 m mixed gam play and apps and 43% battery life left. My thoughts a lot better!

jhighers said:
Well upgraded last night this am took off charger, it's now 9:32pm. I have 12 hrs 32 min standby and 2hrs 45 m mixed gam play and apps and 43% battery life left. My thoughts a lot better!

I guess I texted a little 2

I upgraded yesterday and my battery use
is WAY better now
it is 8pm now took phone off the charger at 6am used the living hell out of. it today and at 14 hours later I am at 90%
made phone calls texed suff the web
sent e/mail posted on face book and 14 hours latter I am at 90% that's in my mind not bad that's on a iPhone 4 on iOS 50.1

Whats your usage time?