What's new

iOS 4.3.5 - HORRIBLE

david0908

Reaction score
really regretting upgrade to 4.3.5 - v v buggy, slow - to many specific problems to mention - nearly as bad for me as iOS 4 on my 3G

surprised 4.3.5. search here not coming up with anything as there are quite a few posts elsewhere re problems esp with battery life, but I have not experienced this

is a roll back possible? I'm moderately competent having jailbroken 3 and 3G phones in the past, but don't have deep technical understanding about what is actually going on

any advice, help, suggestions greatly appreciated

thanks

The only way to downgrade is to have your shsh blobs. If you don't have them you're going to wait until the next update

Have you tried restoring again? Something could of just not went right during the update...

What version are you comparing it to, to say that it is horrible? It sounds to me like your update has not gone well. If the phone is slow and buggy, it sounds like a bad restore from backup. A fresh restore will likely solve things. If you restore a backup from a very old version of IOS this is known to cause problems like this...

Last edited:
thanks for all the posts

unfortunately, I was not aware of SHSH blobs as had not encountered on
my previous downgrading and jailbreaking activities - so I don't have these

I'm not sure what version I upgraded from as I have not been logging

I found some posts suggesting that email accounts could be an issue with 4.3.5

I've done another restore from an older back up and, with no email accounts set up seems to be working better (obviously still got 4.3.5) -going to try adding email accounts and see what happens

roll on iOS 5...

david0908 said:
thanks for all the posts

unfortunately, I was not aware of SHSH blobs as had not encountered on
my previous downgrading and jailbreaking activities - so I don't have these

I'm not sure what version I upgraded from as I have not been logging

I found some posts suggesting that email accounts could be an issue with 4.3.5

I've done another restore from an older back up and, with no email accounts set up seems to be working better (obviously still got 4.3.5) -going to try adding email accounts and see what happens

roll on iOS 5...

Keep us informed.

david0908 said:
really regretting upgrade to 4.3.5 - v v buggy, slow - to many specific problems to mention - nearly as bad for me as iOS 4 on my 3G

surprised 4.3.5. search here not coming up with anything as there are quite a few posts elsewhere re problems esp with battery life, but I have not experienced this

is a roll back possible? I'm moderately competent having jailbroken 3 and 3G phones in the past, but don't have deep technical understanding about what is actually going on

any advice, help, suggestions greatly appreciated

thanks

I know in the pass I was able to restore my iPhone 4 to previous dates through iTunes on my PC.

me too - but see iCrank's post above - no longer possible without SHSH blobs and so far as I understand you have to save these BEFORE the upgrade - once you've upgraded they've gone forever

Were you jailbroken on this same device on earlier versions of the OS? If you were and you ever told Cydia to "make my life easier" then you can use Tiny Umbrella to retrieve them & save them on your computer.