What's new

Ios 4.3/4.3.1

Onagapekim

Reaction score
I have been experiencing a drastic degradation of battery life with my iPhone 4 after upgrading to the above referenced IOSs. I have searched the web but have been unsuccessful in finding any useful information. Has anyone else been suffering from pre-mature battery drainage?

No, I have not had any Battery drainage

Try switching off blutooth and wireless (if not required) for a day to see if any change to your battery life.

The battery life is very subjective, it depends on:
  • how often you are using your phone (12hrs?)
  • what apps and processes you are using (games?)
  • the age or quality of your battery
  • if you have ever fully discharged your battery first?
  • settings (including jailbreak) that can cause more drain on your battery ie:
    • brighter screen or wallpaper
    • louder sounds
    • etc etc etc ...

So I just jailbroke my phone which I have done faithfully for the past three years, now for whatever reason the signal meter is staying at one bar does not fluctuate up nor down, what is going on???

The phone is not jail-broken and I have not changed my usage habits. I have also disabled ping. I always ensure that wifi is disabled when not in use and I do not use Bluetooth. I also make it a point to drain the battery (fully) once or twice a month. I've had the phone (purchased brand new) since September 2010.

The phone is not jail-broken and I have not changed my usage habits. I have also disabled ping. I always ensure that wifi is disabled when not in use and I do not use Bluetooth. I also make it a point to drain the battery (fully) once or twice a month. I've had the phone (purchased brand new) since September 2010.

I experience the same issue as well, the battery drained off faster wih 4.3.1

Same here; I've lost 30% (100% to 70%) from 7:00am to now 11:30. It's crazy, all I have done this morning is send a few emails, check fb a few times and that's about it. I've not made one phone call! I constantly keep apps closed that I'm not using. I completely drain every day (at least I would if I didn't recharge when I get to 18 or 20 %.

TfromFl said:
Same here; I've lost 30% (100% to 70%) from 7:00am to now 11:30. It's crazy, all I have done this morning is send a few emails, check fb a few times and that's about it. I've not made one phone call! I constantly keep apps closed that I'm not using. I completely drain every day (at least I would if I didn't recharge when I get to 18 or 20 %.

Possible to revert back to 4.2.1