What's new

iOS 4.3.3 Coming Very Soon to Fix Location Data and Battery Drain Issues

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS_4_3_3.JPG

According to a story on Boy Genius Report today Apple will be releasing an update within the next couple of weeks, if not sooner, to fix the location data tracking issue that made headlines recently. BGR has already been sent the new iOS, 4.3.3, and has been told by an Apple source that the update will ensure that location data is no longer backed up to iTunes. The size of the location database will also be reduced, and when Location Services are turned off, the location database will be completely deleted. BGR also drops into the story the useful little nugget of information that, aside from some iPod bug fixes, iOS 4.3.3 will also contain “battery life improvements.” This will come as great news for the people who have found that their iPhone/iPad battery seems to drain quicker than ever since installing iOS 4.3.1. More details as and when we get them.

Source: Apple to fix location tracking bug in iOS 4.3.3; due out soon | BGR

make me glad i never update to 4.3.1......will wait till 4.3.3

i thought 4.3.2 fixed any battery issues though... but hopefully it will last longer while jailbroken on 4.3.3 then 4.4

why are you not upgrading? 4.3.2 jb works very well and so do all the jb apps

Apparently backgrounder doesnt work. I'm just too lazy to download all my cydia stuff again.

I've just downloaded the 4.3.2 upgrade and rc14 this morning. If I can be bothered I'll update tonight. Lol...

but with multi tasking officially there i dont see a need for apps like backgrounder.. though i understand ppl hate that when you leave apps in the background a lot of them dont actually run in the background they either pause or when you go to use it again they restart all together.. but thats more the devs fault i think rather then apple. but when games pause when i put them in the background thats a good thing.. there is another app phil announced for background apps looks pretty good

yeah i did not think it would take long to release since they dont have long to release 5.0 and even 4.4 maybe?

Damm! I just restored my phone without paying any attention to the firmware number! I thought we were still on 4.3.2. Lol. Oh well glad I've got my SHSH's backed up...

good thing you saved it... even though i doubt it will take long to get a 4.3.3 jb its always better to be able to downgrade and have it now. did you check out 4.3.3 see whats new in it?

comex comex
.@i0n1c's bug is not patched in 4.3.3. #whatisthisidonteven
3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Last edited: