What's new

INVINCIBLE iPHONE 4! Fastmac Impact Gel | MacWorld 2011

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ0aLR7C1lk]YouTube - INVINCIBLE iPHONE 4! Fastmac Impact Gel | MacWorld 2011 - iOS Vlog 272[/ame]​

I got a chance to catch up with Fastmac at this year's Macworld. They had a booth set up where they were literally smashing an iPhone 4 with a hammer, right after they smashed some M&Ms! Why, you ask? Well they were showing off their Impact Gel. This is the gel that is inside of their cases and bags. It protects the crap out of whatever is inside.

M&Ms are small and break easy/smush, but when they are under this impact gel, that is about 1/4 of an inch thick, and smashed with a hammer, they don't break. The gel protects whatever item is inside, and doesn't let impact hit the iDevice or whatever is in there. Pretty neat!

FastMac | Product - Impact Shield for iPods, iPhones & Laptops

Cool. But I would be more impressed if they took the head of the hammer
to make the impact and acted like they wanted to break it.
Second to that, I would be more impressed if they did the same thing to the M and M's but did one M and M at a time instead of a group of them.
It is like taking two eggs in the palm of your hand and squeezing. People freak when the eggs don't break under any amount of strength. Its not rocket science. Im sure the protectors would work great though. Only an idiot would take a hammer to a laptop or a cell phone.

oh yeah ijustine was there they showed that ages ago but not with an iphone, very impressive, and i bet an expensive case if they ever have such a case made out of that

yes but even a case would not of protected it from being smashed to bits.. its the green thing, with ijustine they put chocolates lol and they smashed it with a hammer and it did not break not one of them not a single scratch or break

That looks like a lot of protection though, I'm assuming the actual case isn't that thick?

Ok hold on. First off he's hammering it with the head turned sideways. That is spreading out the impact and makes it harder to break anything under the gel. Also, he's putting no effort into the swing. He's practically letting it drop. I'm not trying to say it's not a good impact gel but, the way they're presenting it makes it look like they're not convince of their own product.

Ok hold on. First off he's hammering it with the head turned sideways. That is spreading out the impact and makes it harder to break anything under the gel. Also, he's putting no effort into the swing. He's practically letting it drop. I'm not trying to say it's not a good impact gel but, the way they're presenting it makes it look like they're not convince of their own product.

You just paraphrased pretty much everything I already said. Thanks. LOL

even with the amount of force he used it would of normally cracked the iphone screen to bits, i tried it on my iphone 3g and the iphone screen shattered... imagine with the 4

True. But, I had to put it in my own words. :D

True. But, I had to put it in my own words. :D
oh. ok! LOL! :D