What's new

International calling from Greece

Misch13vousMike

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know this has been discussed plenty of times before and sorry mods, if it has to be moved, please do so in need be.

I am on Verizon Network, iPhone 4, 16gb. I used to be jailbroken, restored my phone, but I have contemplated it recently. Anyways, I am going to be traveling to Greece for 2 weeks, and I am wondering if anyone can give me any advice on FREE international calling or video calling or what not with my phone... I am currently doing alot of research myself, with Google Voice, and also have a skype account. But im not sure how it works until I try it internationally. I guess im just looking for some direction from anyone who has used these two internationally or any other means of communication internationally!!!

Cheers

Hey guys,

I know this has been discussed plenty of times before and sorry mods, if it has to be moved, please do so in need be.

I am on Verizon Network, iPhone 4, 16gb. I used to be jailbroken, restored my phone, but I have contemplated it recently. Anyways, I am going to be traveling to Greece for 2 weeks, and I am wondering if anyone can give me any advice on FREE international calling or video calling or what not with my phone... I am currently doing alot of research myself, with Google Voice, and also have a skype account. But im not sure how it works until I try it internationally. I guess im just looking for some direction from anyone who has used these two internationally or any other means of communication internationally!!!

Cheers
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure? | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.

You won't be able to make cellular calls, but you can use VOIP over wifi. I am traveling to Italy this year and have downloaded Viber. It works great over wifi. I have heard that Skype is great for this too. The person you are calling/texting will have to have the same app though.

Skype and FaceTime both work internationally. So does HeyTell. I am in Canada, and regularly have three way conversations with a friend in the US and another in Australia.

HeyTell is also cross platform so if you do really have to talk to a peasant with an Android you can do it. It does not work on Blackberry though.

Beware of roaming charges. Turn data roaming off and stick to wifi if you can't get a local SIM.