What's new

Insurance for my 6s

superfish

Reaction score
I bought my iP6 10 months ago with 2 year apple care. I was shocked, SHOCKED I tell you to find that the care plan does not carry over to the new phone. I would appreciate your thoughts on Apple Care vs. AT&T insurance at $6.99/month.
Or no insurance at all. I've had an iPhone since the 4s and not lost or hurt it.

bob

I bought my iP6 10 months ago with 2 year apple care. I was shocked, SHOCKED I tell you to find that the care plan does not carry over to the new phone. I would appreciate your thoughts on Apple Care vs. AT&T insurance at $6.99/month.
Or no insurance at all. I've had an iPhone since the 4s and not lost or hurt it.

bob
That's the way AppleCare has always worked. It is purchased for a particular device and can't be transferred to another device. The one thing that AppleCare does not cover is loss or theft of the device. If you want coverage against loss or theft, you would have to purchase a separate insurance policy.

Apple Care + hands down. No hassles getting them to make good on the policy, among other things.

Thank-you for the help. I didn't know about the prorated refund. I'm getting a little over $50 back.
I'll be Apple care again.

Bob

Thank-you for the help. I didn't know about the prorated refund. I'm getting a little over $50 back.
I'll be Apple care again.

Bob
You're very welcome, Not everyone knows you can do that, the refund then helps you with your next Applecare plan.

Sprint offers a pretty good $13 a Month plan. To me it beats the Apple Care plan.

Sprint offers a pretty good $13 a Month plan. To me it beats the Apple Care plan.
There is the price, though. Over the course of 2 years, the Sprint plan would cost over four times as much as AppleCare+.
What features does the Sprint insurance have that AppleCare doesn't?