What's new

installing apps on jailbroken iphone 4s (6.1.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tt33333

Reaction score
I just jailbroke my iphone using envis0n and when ever I install apps not all apps show up on the phone. I don't have wifi or data plan on my phone, so i'm installing apps using iSpirit.

I can see the app installed in "installed packages" list but still can't see the app on my phone. one app i'm trying to install is SAM to unlock my iphone.

Also, i've got the issue where wifi switch in settings is grayed out and Mac address shows up as N/A. from what i understand this is hardware issue but when i install sysinfoplus it shows my mac address. And i was able to use wifi on activation screen when iphone was trying to activate using an internet connection.

any help is really appreciated.

thanks.

Last edited:
SAM unlocks will only work if you have a SAM exploited SIM card with valid SAM tickets saved. This backdoor was patched months ago. If you don't have them saved you won't be able to now.

And not all tweaks have actual icons. Many are shown in Settings.app for convenience purposes.

As for the wifi being greyed, try a hard reset. If not, we might have to take other measures to restore your device while preserving the jailbreak and iOS on your device.

is there a workaround for SAM or alternative?

how do i access settings.app?

how do i hard reset? is that same as "Reset" from settings. I don't want to do a restore as it will also update my phone to 6.1.3. is that right?

Thanks

No. There is not workaround, hack, backdoor that would allow you to get SAM tickets now. Your only options are IMEI/carrier unlocks or using interposers.

Settings.app is the stock settings icon/application that's on your springboard

Reset as in holding the power and home button together until you see the Apple logo then release both.

thanks for the quick reply.

i understand SAM doesn't work any more. the tutorials i saw on youtube show SAM and SAM perfs icon on springboard. its just not this app, most of the apps that have icon on springboard doesn't show up on my phone. only some do.

Also, i get error -402620395 error when i try to install IPA apps.

As for wifi issue, i've tried hard reset and that didn't work. how do i keep jailbreak and ios 6.1.2 and restore? is it iLEX RAT or Semiresotre?

Thanks again

Last edited:
What method are you using to install IPA apps

ILEX RAT option 12. Make sure you perform a backup before doing so.

for IPA i've tried *****. i've tried multiple IPA's but nothing works.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's piracy. Piracy of any mind results in many problems on an an all devices. We do not under any circumstances support piracy of any kind. If you don't pirate, you won't have problems.

With that, this thread is now CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.