What's new

Installed iOS5 and non of my apps are working

Igor

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 5, I do not understand the iOS operating system.
Today I installed iOS5 (had iOS 4.2.x, everything legal, no jailbreaking, etc)...

It resets all my data, I restored everything from a backup..
OK, I do have my music, i can see all the videos, i can open safari and surf the web normally, my photos/videos are there... but I could not open any app/game/whatever.... when trying to open a screen turns black for a second, flashes... and nothing happens

another thing... the amount of space used (iphone 4 16gb, my case... from 4gb used to almost 5gb), had increased... so something is there... not only icons from the apps

¿how can I have all my old apps back, all the games with their respective saves/carreers, etc?

Thank you for reading, I feel sorry about bothering you and asking ...
but I am really worried about what happened

Yours sincerely, Igor

Igor said:
I have an iPhone 5, I do not understand the iOS operating system.
Today I installed iOS5 (had iOS 4.2.x, everything legal, no jailbreaking, etc)...

It resets all my data, I restored everything from a backup..
OK, I do have my music, i can see all the videos, i can open safari and surf the web normally, my photos/videos are there... but I could not open any app/game/whatever.... when trying to open a screen turns black for a second, flashes... and nothing happens

another thing... the amount of space used (iphone 4 16gb, my case... from 4gb used to almost 5gb), had increased... so something is there... not only icons from the apps

¿how can I have all my old apps back, all the games with their respective saves/carreers, etc?

Thank you for reading, I feel sorry about bothering you and asking ...
but I am really worried about what happened

Yours sincerely, Igor

Your backup will have all your saved scores and achievements all that needs to be done is the app need to be updated to support iOS 5. I had two apps (HBO GO, Max GO) that did the same black screen then crash until I updated from the App store.

Also I found according to iTunes the capacity of the devices has been impacted by iOS 5. My 32 GB iPhone 4 showed capacity of 29.06 on 4.3.5, now on 5.0 shows 28.49 GB.

Last edited:
You are completely right...
I feel like an IDIOT... everything working fine after what you said... I am reading some messages from Apple Support Communities and their problems and start feeling lucky

Thank you and this great community for helping me...

I updated and of course had my phone backed up. The update went fine and all my apps work like the used to because it pulled them from iTunes and all is well... EXCEPT for my photos.. They are all gone. I created a couple of folders and put about 60 pics in there, and they are still on the phone. But all the irreplacable pictures in the "camera roll" folder are gone. Any way to get those back?

I updated and of course had my phone backed up. The update went fine and all my apps work like the used to because it pulled them from iTunes and all is well... EXCEPT for my photos.. They are all gone. I created a couple of folders and put about 60 pics in there, and they are still on the phone. But all the irreplacable pictures in the "camera roll" folder are gone. Any way to get those back?

You could try to restore from backup again. The camera roll should be part of your backup. However anything added after the backup was made won't be restored and anything else added since that time will need to be re-added after the restore.

Last edited:
Yep.. Did the backup from iTunes to the phone and it put the pics back. I don't know why they disappeared in the first place though. When I installed the update it asked if I wanted to back up and I did. Wonder why it killed all the photos..
But, got them back so all it well.

iHolophyte said:
Only app I found not to work is this iPF.net one. Come on guys release an update!

I agree. I've never had problems until the iOS 5 update.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

iphone4ever said:
I agree. I've never had problems until the iOS 5 update.

Hi,

I lost all my contacts & photos after I upgraded to iOS 5 as I am unable to restore from backup as I am not able to remember the password for retrieving from backup.

Thanks
Jay

Hi,

I lost all my contacts & photos after I upgraded to iOS 5 as I am unable to restore from backup as I am not able to remember the password for retrieving from backup.

Thanks
Jay

If you don't have the password for your backup you are out of luck, sorry. There is no way to bypass it AFAIK.

iHolophyte said:
Only app I found not to work is this iPF.net one. Come on guys release an update!

IPF.net admins - is there an update in the works for this app? It seriously needs it. Lots of parse errors and I can't access the forums and unable to start a new post. Please fix soon. Thanks!

iphone4ever said:
IPF.net admins - is there an update in the works for this app? It seriously needs it. Lots of parse errors and I can't access the forums and unable to start a new post. Please fix soon. Thanks!

Yes, forumrunner are aware of the problems and are working on a fix.