What's new

Incoming calls volume

Carol bright

Reaction score
I have a iPhone 4s and cannot hear very well when people ring me. How can I turn the volume up, is it in settings

I have a iPhone 4s and cannot hear very well when people ring me. How can I turn the volume up, is it in settings
The next time someone calls you, use the volume up button to increase the volume of sound you hear in the earpiece. This only works when you're in a phone call but the setting will remain where you move it to until you change it again.

Last edited:
it was on maximum, I might have to visit a store to resolve

it was on maximum, I might have to visit a store to resolve
If a visit to an Apple Store doesn't help, you may want to consider having your hearing checked, just in case you're having trouble hearing the sound frequencies put out by the iPhone earpiece.

Yes, I am partially deaf but my old phone was loud enough without aids, a Nokia.

Yes, I am partially deaf but my old phone was loud enough without aids, a Nokia.
It's entirely possible that the earpiece speaker on your iPhone puts out different sound frequencies than the one on your old Nokia phone, explaining the difference in perceived sound quality.

There's also a definite difference in the volume of different ringtones. It might help to choose a different one.

I can hear the ringing and message tones but not the people speaking to me. I'll visit a store and have a chat with them. Thanks anyway

I can hear the ringing and message tones but not the people speaking to me. I'll visit a store and have a chat with them. Thanks anyway
You're welcome. I misunderstood when you said you "cannot hear very well when people ring me." I thought you meant the volume of the ringer. Good luck.