What's new

Importing from Canada to the US an Iphone 4..

patoleas

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was just wandering if anyone has gotten an iphone from Canada via Ups or US mail, and if custom charges or other taxes, etc. have to be paid?

Have a great day!

I am in L.A. and my brother lives in Montreal, he will mail it to me, hope
it doesn't cost me a lot when it comes to custom duties.

I am in L.A. and my brother lives in Montreal, he will mail it to me, hope
it doesn't cost me a lot when it comes to custom duties.

So have you got you Iphone? HAve u paid any taxes or custom fees ?

whats with all of this customs and taxes talk? cant you just take it as hand luggage and pay nothing? why do you need to pay taxes..etc?

whats with all of this customs and taxes talk? cant you just take it as hand luggage and pay nothing? why do you need to pay taxes..etc?

:) you are not following the topic. In my case im not able to go to Canada (as well as thread starter). So the only option to get an unlocked device is to buy it from apple.ca , get it delivered to my Canadian friend in Vacouver and ask him to mail it to me (to Texas where I will be present for 3 weeks) by ordinary post service.
Thus we'd like to know how reliable this option is . Are there some customs , duty fees etc

:) you are not following the topic. In my case im not able to go to Canada (as well as thread starter). So the only option to get an unlocked device is to buy it from apple.ca , get it delivered to my Canadian friend in Vacouver and ask him to mail it to me (to Texas where I will be present for 3 weeks) by ordinary post service.
Thus we'd like to know how reliable this option is . Are there some customs , duty fees etc

I am not an expert but i have traveled a lot. I think there are just taxes, not any customs fees since this is just a small electronic. I also work in a mail center (us) and when we ship mail through usps to canada, it costs a decent amount more. To give you an idea, a regular mail envelope is around .44 cents for me to send usps within the us. To send that same envelope to canada, it costs around 4.50. So for a package the size of the iphone box, you can estimate how much more itll cost

I think its like mailing anything else. I just got a box with some stuff i ordered from Montreal via UPS. The box was the same size as the one my iPhone came in, but was a Little heavier and it was Declared as valued at $300 for customs. It was shipped next day and the shipping cost me $56.46.

i am asking a friend to buy an iphone from canada since its unlocked. he is coming to the US soon and i can just collect it from him. any issue/import taxes if he brings it unopened? is it illegal to bring electronic goods to US ?