What's new

iMessage

tim56

Reaction score
Hi
I did a search on here but did not find any topic on this. Is there a way to save the text messages that you receive from people? so you do not have to keep the texts on your iMessage ? Thank you for any help on this

Hi I did a search on here but did not find any topic on this. Is there a way to save the text messages that you receive from people? so you do not have to keep the texts on your iMessage ? Thank you for any help on this
I set up a contact for myself with only an email address. I used the name Gmail. This email address should not be listed in your main contact for your number and other email addresses. Then you can forward the messages to that email address. Then you can either drop them in a folder there for storage, or move them elsewhere. Also, you can take screen shots and store those most anywhere. I don't save many messages. Just those with important info I may need later. I don't see the point in saving every message. There may be a better way if your jailbroken. I'm not, so I don't know that.

Hi Ledsteplin

Thank you

I'm not the OP, but I don't see how to send the message to an email address.
cb

I'm not the OP, but I don't see how to send the message to an email address. cb
The message is not actually sent to an email address, but to an iOS device that has that email address associated with it. The message appears in the messages app, not the email inbox.