schiarelli

Reaction score
sometimes when i send an imessage, this is what happens:

bar on top completes, telling me is sent
i wait and wait for it to say "delivered"
i keep waiting...
and wait some more...
then it will say "sent as text message"

or sometimes the bar on top wont even complete.... ill have to cancel it and turn off my iMessage then resend as text

this has also been happening to my girlfriend, she has the 4 and i have the 4s

anyone else?

I think you should open your multitask menu, long press on Messages and then shut it down. Then go to settings > reset > network settings and reset those. That will probably fix it.

In short, apple must improve iMessage immediately or we don't need it, especially for iphone users.

In short, apple must improve iMessage immediately or we don't need it, especially for iphone users.

Wait, what? I have sent nearly 800 text messages since last Tuesday when I got the iPhone 4S. I have had all messages go through - some even to other iPhone users who got it via iMessage not as just plain text. I don't see anything that needs to happen - the messages get sent, I get messages back - works as expected.

Wait, what? I have sent nearly 800 text messages since last Tuesday when I got the iPhone 4S. I have had all messages go through - some even to other iPhone users who got it via iMessage not as just plain text. I don't see anything that needs to happen - the messages get sent, I get messages back - works as expected.

same here... iMessage is working perfectly not a single complaint about it.

both the wife and I are having issues with iMessage pretty much as explained above. tried all that shut down, restart reboot crap - doesn't fix it. I agree that Apple needs to look in to this and send out an update asap!

both the wife and I are having issues with iMessage pretty much as explained above. tried all that shut down, restart reboot crap - doesn't fix it. I agree that Apple needs to look in to this and send out an update asap!

yeah im still having major issues... this kinda sucks. im just waiting for an update at this point. its weird tho, sometime it will work great, then it will start not sending and ill have to force them as text message or it will send them as text like 5 mins after trying.

Us can't blame just the iPhone it's app to the network too,and another thing it may help,us need to restore and update ur iPhone again,happen to me now iMessage work perfect .

yea mine is working fine. the only time it sent an iMessage as a text was when the person's phone was dead or had to signal so it could receive it right away

I can't send or receive text messages since upgrade to 5.0.1. Went to att and got new sim card and their support says apple problem. I can send myself a test email and it works. But i have no message logs. Also, top tool bar has: Edit, messages (-1), and the icon to write a new message.

I rely on text messages more than phone or emails. This is a catastophic bummer that i can't fix! Help

I have iMessage set to on. Late last week, I sent and received about 50 text messages to other iPhone users. When I checked my Verizon account every text that I sent/received was charged against my monthly count of 250. I need to verify that the other people had iMessages set to on.

I have iMessage set to on. Late last week, I sent and received about 50 text messages to other iPhone users. When I checked my Verizon account every text that I sent/received was charged against my monthly count of 250. I need to verify that the other people had iMessages set to on.
You'll always know if they have their iMessage switched on when the text bubble turns to blue from green. Green is a regular text that counts towards your total. Blue ones are iMessages received and don't count toward your total text counts.

You'll always know if they have their iMessage switched on when the text bubble turns to blue from green. Green is a regular text that counts towards your total. Blue ones are iMessages received and don't count toward your total text counts.

Thanks for the clarification! I just checked and the bubbles are green in both threads. I need to enlighten the other two :)

Couldn't that issue be a server problem rather than a software problem? That would explain why some people have the issue and some do not.