What's new

Imessage not working with phone number

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudibx3

Reaction score
I have done everything possible to set up my IMessage with my phone number everything works fine just I can't get iMessage to work without having to use my email. I have an unlocked IPhone 4 under tmobile

it also depends where you are sending the texts to and even on other ios devices the version of imessage has to be the same as well.

iMessage IS your email address. Why is this an issues with everyone?lol.

I have done everything possible to set up my IMessage with my phone number everything works fine just I can't get iMessage to work without having to use my email. I have an unlocked IPhone 4 under tmobile
i don't understand why you would not want to use your email address in iMessage.

Because if you use your phone number, it will show up as your name with contacts that may only have your phone # in their contact list. If they don't have your e-mail, using your apple ID will show up as the e-mail and not have your name attached. For instance my Apple ID is xrayeyes05@...., but many of my contacts wouldn't have a clue that is me!

I have never had an issue with iMessage. I have it set up for my phone no + 2 email addresses.

Go to settings >messages > receive at >caller Id.
Have a look if your phone no or email address has a tick next to it.

Last edited:
this is an old thread therefore it is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.