What's new

iMessage not working anymore?

Gentei

Reaction score
Who can solve this?
I had this activated in the past now i notice that it's off (i didn't do it)
But now when i want to activate it, it gives me an error saying to activate Wi-Fi or mobile data to configure iMessage the Edited up part is, that my mobile data is on and i have a 4G connection...

Last edited by a moderator:
Try accessing a random website via Safari on your iPhone. If you can't, you're not connected to the internet, which is necessary to use iMessages.

Last edited:
Try accessing a random website via Safari on your iPhone. If you can't, you're not connected to the internet, whichnis necessary to use iMessages.
Ehm i have internet like i said i have a 4G connection, everything loads...
The problem is also not being able to use it, it just won't activate it. Saying it needs a i-net connection while it has it...

Having Mobile Data enabled doesn't mean it's really working. That' why I suggested using Safari.

Next thing to try: go to Settings - Messages - Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID and sign out. Sign in again afterwards.

Is your iPhone up to date? The latest software would be iOS 9.2.

I don't have that option at messages, can't find send & receive....?

That's because iMessage is not enabled on your iPhone. Sorry, I forgot about that.

Try resetting your iPhone: press and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo, then let go of both. Your device will power up on it's own.
If that doesn't help, reset network settings in Settings - General - Reset. Another option would be to reset all settings.

I allready shut down the phone and powered it back on, is that the same or does resetting really reset it?

Turning it off and on again would be to restart it. The reset I described is also called reboot, and doesn't change settings or remove data. It's possible that it helps getting rid of glitches you're experiencing.

Reset all Networks will remove all the network information on your iPhone (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Cellular), and you'll have to set them up again.

Reset all Settings will set back your settings to default.

Turning it off and on again would be to restart it. The reset I described is also called reboot, and doesn't change settings or remove data. It's possible that it helps getting rid of glitches you're experiencing.

Reset all Networks will remove all the network information on your iPhone (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Cellular), and you'll have to set them up again.

Reset all Settings will set back your settings to default.
Well apparantly it's ok now, i'm connected to a WiFi network and i could activate it....
Very weird.

Well apparantly it's ok now, i'm connected to a WiFi network and i could activate it....
Very weird.
You may find your issue returning when you are no longer accessing the Internet via WI-FI which is why J.A.'s instructions in post #9 are important for you.

You may find your issue returning when you are no longer accessing the Internet via WI-FI which is why J.A.'s instructions in post #9 are important for you.
So far it works when on mobile internet.