What's new

Imessage being delivered to disconnected number

brittanim

Reaction score
I recently have tried to get in touch with an old friend, when I call it says the number has been disconnected but when I text it goes through as an iMessage. Is this some sort of glitch? If the iMessage is being delivered, is it being received?

I recently have tried to get in touch with an old friend, when I call it says the number has been disconnected but when I text it goes through as an iMessage. Is this some sort of glitch? If the iMessage is being delivered, is it being received?
when you send an imessage and it's been delivered it says delivered just underneath the message,can you see a delivered status?

Yes, it goes through immediately an says delivered.

Yes, it goes through immediately an says delivered.
i may be wrong but i would think that if the message is showing delivered then the message is received,i say this because my son recently changed his number on his iPhone (he got a new sim card)i forgot and tried to iMessage him on the old number and only realised my mistake when the send box came up green(sms).

It only makes sense to me as well, so maybe this person just doesn't wanna chat with an old friend? .... But if anyone else has input on this I'd love to hear it.

yes,there may be a another reason you're not getting a reply and i'm sure someone else will have input,hope you get an answer.