What's new

iMatch

mfterka

Reaction score
Looks like Match works ok - I ripped some tracks from a CD of mine (Roxy Musics's Avalon) into iTunes and BINGO! They showed up immeadiately on my i4S.

I have CD's more recent than that so I'm optimistic Match should work pretty good. I guess I'll have a better idea after a year as to whether its worth to $25/yr subscription, but right now it looks good.

For me it was worth the cost. I was able to upgrade all my lower bitrate files to 256k. And I had quite a few of them.

it was worth double the price for the 256k upgrade if u ask me. what a difference!

Actually, was able to rip into iTunes on my laptop the tracks - they showed up on iTunes in my 4S - but then when I got home and fired up iTunes on my desktop, they weren't there.

I thought under iMatch they showed up across all computers/iOS devices tied together?

Oops - found it - just had to add my desktop computer to iMatch. Now everything is there!

iMatch has been the most consistent working piece of software Apples written for me. Even better than iTunes. I'm sorry some are having troubles. I'm in the 2000 song or so category from many sources: personal collection, iTunes store others.. The upgrade in quality to 256 is awesome! That alone is worth it for me.

Yeah -its cool that you even have your imported videos in the Cloud too!

Ah / that I haven't tried yet. And the videos I take on iPhone 4S at 1080p would use up my space way too quickly. Plus - my guess is - they wouldn't stream all that well either. The "cloud" is still in its infancy. We're a few years away from video in the cloud being normative.

pianoman said:
Ah / that I haven't tried yet. And the videos I take on iPhone 4S at 1080p would use up my space way too quickly. Plus - my guess is - they wouldn't stream all that well either. The "cloud" is still in its infancy. We're a few years away from video in the cloud being normative.

Just subscribed with Match! My whole library is in the Cloud! Question, am I Streaming and using cellular data when listing to my Music>via through the Cloud!

pianoman said:
iMatch has been the most consistent working piece of software Apples written for me. Even better than iTunes. I'm sorry some are having troubles. I'm in the 2000 song or so category from many sources: personal collection, iTunes store others.. The upgrade in quality to 256 is awesome! That alone is worth it for me.

I too, am in the 2000 song range! I subscribed to Imatch mainly to save memory on my phone! Wondering if that was a good move?

Imatch stores music! Not video! However you can watch video through the Library share link on your PC! Your computer must be turned on and linked to ITunes and share turned on! Than you can enjoy your videos on all your Apple devices!!