What's new

Ihone 4 Shuts down when battery level reaches 30%

bondi699

Reaction score
Hi
My daughter has a jail broken Iphone 4 running 5.01
Every time the battery level drops to 30% the phone shuts down and will not restart until it is plugged into a power source.
I have tried hard reset and removing the latest apps without any success. Can any one suggest other options.
What would be the symptoms of a faulty or failing battery?
PS I also have a jail broken Iphone 4 which was bought at the same time and is running the same IOS
but this does not have the same issue.

I think Swimmer is right.

BTW...whenever your device Shuts down at 30% and you plug it in, does the battery still show 30%, is the battery level red instead of green?

And if the restore dosn't fix it .. then I'd replace the battery (I recon its the battery anyway.. but as a restore costs nothing then its well worth trying that first)

And if you do restore, you can still restore back to 5.0.1 and get an untethered jailbreak provided you do a couple things before restoring.

What couple of things would i need to do first
And if you do restore, you can still restore back to 5.0.1 and get an untethered jailbreak provided you do a couple things before restoring.

What couple of things would i need to do first

Well....

You would have to build a custom IPSW with your SHSH blobs.

When you open Cydia...what does it say on the top of the page beside "SHSH:"?

Sorry Zig didnt answer your question when the phone shuts down it is at 30% green, but when I try to start it again when not plugged in it shows red at 0%. and shuts off again
When plugged in and restarted it shows 29% green and starts charging.

All SHSS blobs are saved in cydia, but I haven't got a clue how to use them.

All SHSS blobs are saved in cydia, but I haven't got a clue how to use them.

Yes I know they are. You didn't need to tell me that....you needed to tell that "5.0. Is at the top of your Cydia page beside "SHSH:".

If it is then the first step to using then is to download Tiny Umbrella, save the .exe to your desktop, open it, plug in iPhone, and click the Save SHSH button.

You need to do that before anything.