What's new

ifile 1.9.1-1 have no keyboard globe icon

flashpoint

Reaction score
hi there it's my first Topic in this forum and my last hope to fix this problem, sorry for my english
As you see in following photo after updating ifile to last version 1.9.1-1 I can't change keyboard language because there is no globe icon, I used earlier version of ifile and there was no any problem but this version has, I also restored my iphone and first installed ifile frome cydia and problem exist.
thanks for help $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372241229.000878.jpg

You've done a full restore on your iPhone and the problem still exists?

yes the problem exist after a clean restore without use backup and only in this app and only this version, My friend's ipad have no globe icon too.
I send a mail to author (heinelt) and he said will take a look at this but after several month no update is come

That appears to be normal behavior. Well - in that I, too, don't have the globe icon on my keyboard when in the search function of iFile.

I've noticed that you also don't get it when you are in Cydia...

So, I think there is nothing to worry about - its normal iFile behavior.

Marilyn

So why in previous versions I was able to that? I can't even rename a file or folder using my regional (persian) language.
as you see in photo I already named a folder persian:
دانشگاه
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372277924.091376.jpg
but after update I can't:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372277950.454708.jpg

iFile and Cydia are one in the same. They're not affected by custom keyboard changes, themes, etc. You can view folders and such in different languages, but not keyboards

iFile and Cydia are one in the same. They're not affected by custom keyboard changes, themes, etc. You can view folders and such in different languages, but not keyboards

you can see my last uploaded photo that show I already used ifile to rename a folder in other language and you still say that ifile and even cydia apps only support english keyboard???!!!

and it's my friend iphone who can use different keyboards in ifile so please don't say my problem is normal behavior!
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372320282.046818.jpg

U can use Arabic keyboard
Setting-general-keyboard-keyboards-add new keyboadrs
OR
U should install "enable persian keyboards" tweek from cydia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 4S

I used arabic keyboard before and problem never solved, now as you see in my photo I enabled persian keyboard by installing cydia tweak.
the problem is that there is no globe icon in keyboard and it's no matter which keyboard must enable

You can try the gold GlobalPreferences.plist method, but from my experience, you'd also have to root through iFile and add the keyboard on there as well manually, meaning you'd have to code each and every single character by yourself into iFile.

You can try the gold GlobalPreferences.plist method, but from my experience, you'd also have to root through iFile and add the keyboard on there as well manually, meaning you'd have to code each and every single character by yourself into iFile.

thanks finally a professional answer!
I found 4 GlobalPreferences.plist which of them must edit and what must I add to them?$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372355664.335986.jpg

You'd need to change the first 2, the ones in /private/var/.

First back them up to your computer and/or cloud drive/services. Then you'd need to open and edit both the GlobalPreferences.plist and under the line that says

<key>UIKeyboardDidShowInternationalInfoAlert</key>

it should be <true/> right after the above line. Do the same for auto-correct, capitals and all that if applicable. See if this method works. If not, then you'd have to manually input each and every key with each and every symbol one by one