What's new

If i buy the new iphone 4s what firmware wiil the

Can any one tell me if IOS 5.1 can be jailbroken? Unfortunately I bought mine with that version already, I guess the previous owner had performed the update. The phone is only 1 month old.

ncruz2000 said:
Can any one tell me if IOS 5.1 can be jailbroken? Unfortunately I bought mine with that version already, I guess the previous owner had performed the update. The phone is only 1 month old.

The iOS 5.1 update didn't come out until yesterday. More than likely you have iOS 5.0.1 that's what version my 4S came with and I got it February 01.

ncruz2000 said:

The iOS 5.1 jailbreak was released today, but, it is a "tethered" jailbreak. That means you have to connect it to your computer every time you reboot your iPhone.

The iOS 5.1 jailbreak was released today, but, it is a "tethered" jailbreak. That means you have to connect it to your computer every time you reboot your iPhone.
True... but this OP states the 4S was purchased a month ago. Thus it would have iOS 5.0.1.

Thomasjtsi said:
True... but this OP states the 4S was purchased a month ago. Thus it would have iOS 5.0.1.

The person I quoted asked if 5.1 could be jailbroken. It can be, but I forgot to add that it's for non A5 devices--no iPhone 4s or iPad 2/3.

The person I quoted asked if 5.1 could be jailbroken. It can be, but I forgot to add that it's for non A5 devices--no iPhone 4s or iPad 2/3.
Ah, you are correct sir. Someone hijacked the thread... but did not state if theirs was a 4 or 4S. LOL!! You are correct though, redsn0w 0.9.10b6 w/ perform a Tethered JB on non-A5 iDevices. :)