What's new

id lock

andrea0612

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm an italian citizen for work often living in foreigns countries, lately working in a small country where there is no Apple Store (Suriname),in October I've asked a friend of mines to buy a new iPhone7 from Belgium and bring to me when visiting me in a short holiday in January.

When i finally got the phone in my hand my nightmare started... before delivering me the phone, my friend landed the phone to a friend willing to try it, and activated the phone with details that now doesn't remember anymore (or maybe doesn't want to give me for privacy reasons).

SO at the moment i have the original warranty ticket from the store in belgium where the phone has been purchased and, just because life is never hard enough, was a thermal ticket now hardly visible... requested and received a copy of the ticket from the store that promptly emailed it to me...

Here we go to the point:

Back in Italy I've contacted the apple support to id-unlock the phone and got a couple of times as answer "the information I've sent doesn't match them records" and my request couldn't be completed...

Ok, trying to understand what was the missing information I've contacted the support again and got:

1) a nice lady (Marta) really helpful but didn't fix the problem and suddenly disappeared;

2) a quite impolite operator on the phone (mr Guido id nu 5058201) that told me, raising the voice and constantly interrupting me, that the copy of the ticket the apple reseller (Mediamart in Woluwe, Belgium) was not valid without telling me why;

2) a nice lady ( Elena ) that explained to me that the problem consisted in the fact that the phone was activated 3 months after the purchasing day, surely I'm ignorant in the matter but i can't understand what the problem is with that...

In both case in contrast with the answer emailed to me from apple support.

Now still waiting to see if kindly someone from the Apple support is willing to fix the problem, i understand that there are many different cases, thats why since the beginning other than all the purchasing tickets I've attached a copy of my personal ID to strongly prove the authenticity of the request.

My concern is about the variety of answers I've got in return when asking support other than the rudeness of the operator Guido, all while still waiting to fix my problem with a phone that costed me 980 Euros and still can't use...

I've been a quite good and happy Apple customer until now and still holding all the previous models of iPhone (4, 4s, 5s, 6), luckily, otherwise now i would be without phone!

Hope that won't be many case like mine and wish to anyone reading this a great day

Andrea

The only person who can now unlock the phone is the friend of your friend who borrowed the phone, as he is the only one with the necessary details.

Hopefully will find a better help considering that that person gave me all wrong details and now is impossible to reach... holding the original purchasing ticket would be my last chance before throwing the phone away and giving up on apple for good.
Thanks for finding the time to write a comment, have a nice day

The only person who can now unlock the phone is the friend of your friend who borrowed the phone, as he is the only one with the necessary details.
That person can remove the iCloud Activation lock remotely without needing to have the iPhone in his hand. The OP's friend never should've let this person do anything with the iPhone but since he did, he should have ensured that the iPhone was restored to factory condition before handing it to the OP.

o_O If i could have restored the phone with the help of the person that made the problem... i wouldn't have the problem?
thanks anyway

o_O If i could have restored the phone with the help of the person that made the problem... i wouldn't have the problem?
thanks anyway

Contact your friend and let him know that since the phone is inoperable and his inaccessible friend caused it, your friend has to replace it at no cost to you. The previous respondent is correct.

Wow
You think I should than force my friend to pay for it right?
What tool would you suggest to succeed on it?
Guys, thanks for your help anyway, I think apple support should be able to fix the issue.
A great day to you all

Wow
You think I should than force my friend to pay for it right?
What tool would you suggest to succeed on it?
Guys, thanks for your help anyway, I think apple support should be able to fix the issue.
A great day to you all
If Apple will help in this issue, it will have to be your friend that makes the request as he’s the original purchaser of the iPhone and the only one Apple will deal with in cases like this.

Well
His friend wanted to check the differences with the 6 before buying the 7
Because is an iPhone and need to be unlocked only apple can do it..
Don't understand what makes you think has nothing to do with apple..
It's ok guys, if have any solution I would really appreciate, otherwise please don't waste your time
Quick question, why did your friend let his friend operate your iPhone?

And while l think about it, what has this got to do with Apple?

Apple will help the one who purchased it. It's not your iCloud ID, and the bill doesn't show your name, so they will not help you.
o_Oo_Oo_O
It's me that bought the phone as proven by the original ticket in my hand...
If was my iCloud I wouldn't need the help of apple, you must have been doing some special school to be so smart

Andrea0612,

You said you asked your friend to get the phone for you and that, apparently without your permission, this friend gave the phone to someone else, who made the phone impossible for you to use.
Since this is the case, you only have these options:
1. Get your friend's friend to provide you with the Apple login, or
2. Have the friend replace the phone, since his/her friend messed it up, or
3. Write off the phone (and probably this friend) and never do this again.
There are no other options.