What's new

i'd like to know the issues before buying the iphone 4

qeez

Reaction score
Does the case (any case) solves the antenna issue?
Does the iphone 4 breaks easily?
Do you recommend that i should buy the iphone 4?
are there any issues with iphone besides the Mentioned above?

depends who you ask, me personally i dont need a case never had any antenna issue and would never use a case... but others have had every single problem ppl hav been crying about..

i would say yes its well worth it

If you don't use a case, do you have screen protectors at least? I use a case but no protector. I have been very careful but I have found a couple scratches that are really hard to see and line up with where my earring hits the phone. I am guessing they are scratches in the coating rather than the glass itself. I just wonder what it's going to look like in a year or two. Or maybe even the scratches come off when the coating is gone. I guess we will find out.

Anyway I really don't want to find out what happens when you drop it. It's made entirely of glass think about it. I have dropped it like a foot onto vinyl flooring and nothing happened to it. Tile from 4 foot tho yikes.

I have no problems with reception with case on. With case off I can recreate the death grip issue but it doesn't drop all the way to no service.

Everyone that sees I have this phone asks me if it works or not. It really has been blown out of proportion but I guess this the drawbacks to being the most popular phone.

yes i can imagine and we have seen pics on here from not just one person of them breaking the screen :S i have never used any protectors or cases ever, am not about to start ;p

oh so for you the death gripp issue makes it worth having alone

All of these issues differ from user to user and you never which issue will affect you unless you try the phone yourself. If you like the phone just get it and use your 30 days to evaluate it. Simply return it if there are issues that are dealbreakers for you.

thanks you all i do like it and i'm gonna get it :)
the question now white or black :D

Well not much decision there unless you want to wait until who knows when for the white.....

wait HELL NO i hope i can make it till the iphone 4 shipped to my country witch will be in the second week of August :(
if the white one wont be available on the second week of August i'll get the black :)
i didn't think when i post my earlier post :):D:D

Well not much decision there unless you want to wait until who knows when for the white.....
i assume that you don't have the antenna problem?
or do you?

the newer ones will have an antenna fix also i bet thats why its taking so long for the white

The FCC would havetoo approve any changes to the antenna.. so I don't think that's going to happen. There was an article about the trouble with white coating process a few days ago. I will see if I can find a link.

Update:

http://www.iphone4forum.net/forum/iphone-4-news-7/white-iphone-4-delay-glass-supplier-1019/