What's new

Icons in text messages

mshieh

Reaction score
How do I insert icons in text messages? And, what is the message bubble with the three dots mean?

mshieh said:
How do I insert icons in text messages? And, what is the message bubble with the three dots mean?

Um..........can you be more specific?

Icons in what way? You mean smilies? If you're on iOS 5 then if you go into settings, general and keyboard scroll down to international keyboards and click into here then select add new keyboard and look for "emoji" and add this. Now it'll give you smilies. If your not on iOS 5 then download emoji from the app store and do the same process once installed. As for the bubbles. It's someone typing back although it happens with mine and nothing comes back. But it's suppose to mean that.

iHolophyte

While I was texting I noticed a text bubble on the left with three dots inside- I tapped it but nothing happened. Then I got a cool icon of a smiley face blowing a kiss from a friend.

iHolophyte said:
Icons in what way? You mean smilies? If you're on iOS 5 then if you go into settings, general and keyboard scroll down to international keyboards and click into here then select add new keyboard and look for "emoji" and add this. Now it'll give you smilies. If your not on iOS 5 then download emoji from the app store and do the same process once installed. As for the bubbles. It's someone typing back although it happens with mine and nothing comes back. But it's suppose to mean that.

iHolophyte

Oh, okay. Thx very much. I'll try that. :)

iHolophyte said:
No worries. Glad to be appreciated.

iHolophyte

You must earn some brownie points on this forum:):)

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I'll give you a clue.....oh actually no I won't as that might be going off the subject to the thread 😝

iHolophyte

Focus then for more acknowledgments from the forum members which you are helping 😉

mshieh said:
While I was texting I noticed a text bubble on the left with three dots inside- I tapped it but nothing happened. Then I got a cool icon of a smiley face blowing a kiss from a friend.

That's an iMessage notification that the other party is typing a reply...

If you are running on IOS5 all you must do is go >settings > general > keyboard > international keyboards > add new keyboard > find the keyboard ( Emoji ) .when I use it on whatsapp all my friends using blackberrys and nokias all can see the smilies!

Enjoy by Wess