What's new

iCloud question

tsduke

Reaction score
Something I'm curious about is how they say things will automatically sync to all devices. Well...what if our family has multiple devices on on itunes account and I don't want some things to automatically show up on the other devices?

Then you will have to give them a different login to the iTunes market place or turn off everything but app purchase syncing in settings.

A different login to itunes?? Does that mean a different itunes account or multiple logins to the same account?

A different login to itunes?? Does that mean a different itunes account or multiple logins to the same account?

Different account. iCloud works off the concept of one account shared across 10 devices.

The cloud doesn't sound very apealing to me then. If we go to separate accounts we lose music and apps. If we sync I get my wife and kids apps, music lists, imessages etc. And they get mine.

Unless I don't understand it right.

You are partially correct. As they download apps, all iPhones on the account will get them. But once you delete it, you won't see it again. As for music, I don't use my phone to play any unless it is to stream from my iMac directly while at home. So I am not 100% sure what you will see from iCloud on that front. iMessages will be independent on each phone.

I only have one device on iOS5 just now so I don't know exactly how it will work. I'm sure there will be settings on each device so you can pick and choose what is and isn't synced. If there's not then I don't think I will be using it either...

Part of my question stemmed from comments made in today's keynote. They said something like I could start a imessage conversation on one device and finish on another. That got me thinking...I don't want my kids picking up on my conversations.

LOL. Now that would be seriously funny. I can't wait to see how your question plays out.

There have to be an option for each devices to share stuff with other device or not. That will be very simple to be able have the option to allow which devices can share what with your device. I'm pretty sure that they have think about it already, and if they haven't then they will provide those options in the future iOS upgrades.

I would also imagine that there has to be some sort of share settings.

There have to be an option for each devices to share stuff with other device or not. That will be very simple to be able have the option to allow which devices can share what with your device. I'm pretty sure that they have think about it already, and if they haven't then they will provide those options in the future iOS upgrades.

I sure hope you are correct. Can't see it being very useful if my kids are reading my stuff and I have and devices end up with teeny bopper music on them.