What's new

ICloud Question From Brand New User, Please

Bob11

Reaction score
Hello,

New 6s user, coupled with being a sr. citizen now, makes some of this a
bit confusing. Sure is a lot to know.

Might I ask these, please:

a. Re iCloud: How does one see what is all stored there ?
How does one access (any) of it ?
Any hints, etc., on using iCloud ? Really confused over what iCloud does, how used, etc.

b. I found that square icon on the bottom that brings up the Tab-View.
Any way of closing them all out in one action, rather than individually ?

c. When taking a Panoramic with the camera: Do you hold the button down all
the time during the sweeping, or just a single tap at the beginning, and another single tap at the end ?

Much thanks, appreciate the help,
Bob

With iOS 9 installed on your iPhone, you'll find an iCloud Drive app icon somewhere on one of your homescreens. Partially, you'll find there what's stored in iCloud. It's also possible to access iCloud on icloud.com, login there (use a computer for this) and take a look at your content. This will also include photos, if you use iCloud Photo Library.

You can't access your backups, though, you can use them for restoring your device.

In which app do you find the square icon at the bottom?

When you take a panoramic picture, you tap the button once for starting the picture, and a second time to stop taking the photo.

Hope that helps.

To me iCloud is a great pain and i don't use it,
Get DropBox if you want to store pictures and written Doc. files. It's free and you get 5GB to start more storage if needed cost very little.
You can do all your needed phone updating from Apples iTunes.

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

The square icon I referred to is in
Safari. Something related to
Tabs.

Bob

If you want to close all your tabs at once in Safari, go to Settings - Safari, and tap Clear History and Website Data.

Hi Bob,

The square icon I think you are referring to will, if you tap it, show all your open tabs, which you can individually remove by swiping each one to the left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ps The above method of deleting tabs applies to the iPad. You need to tap the little x on an iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk