What's new

iCloud keeps filling my phone memory

mknmike

Reaction score
I pay for iCloud storage that is nowhere near full. For the last few weeks, I’ve been having to delete photos and videos from text threads. It’s kind of annoying. As I deleted, it would fill my phone with more stuff from the cloud. I’ve gotten to the point where I would probably have to delete all my text threads, which I guess maybe it’s time to do.

I’ve had this 32 GB phone for probably more than a year now. I was using my wife’s old 6 and got it wet and switched to this one a little over a year ago I think… maybe less bc I think I had another 7 that broke the mic when the battery puffed up.

Anyway, does anyone know how to stop iCloud from filling my device every time I make space?

I pay for iCloud storage that is nowhere near full. For the last few weeks, I’ve been having to delete photos and videos from text threads. It’s kind of annoying. As I deleted, it would fill my phone with more stuff from the cloud. I’ve gotten to the point where I would probably have to delete all my text threads, which I guess maybe it’s time to do.

I’ve had this 32 GB phone for probably more than a year now. I was using my wife’s old 6 and got it wet and switched to this one a little over a year ago I think… maybe less bc I think I had another 7 that broke the mic when the battery puffed up.

Anyway, does anyone know how to stop iCloud from filling my device every time I make space?
You can select which Apps are in iCloud by going to the iCloud Settings. if you turn off those which don’t need to be in iCloud, you should save some space.