What's new

ICloud auto backup

azonie

Reaction score
I put iPhone on ihome every night with wifi on. It was doing auto backup around 6:00 AM everyday. But now I have to do manual backup? Not sure what changed other than I have connected to iTunes and sync.

Now the auto backup is working again. I did not do anything. Must have been a glitch in iCloud. But question now is I put on ihome station at 10:00PM so why does it wait til 5:45 AM to do backup?

Maybe something to do with the timezone you're in?? Mine usually does the backup at about 3:30am. I'm in the eastern TZ.

Noticed iPhone did not back up to iCloud last night. Not sure why it was plugged in locked and in WIFI.
So why didn't that trigger a back up

Syncing and backup are two different things. Backups happen when something major changes and a snap shot is the best way to capture it. Syncing is an incremental backup and doesn't require very much data to complete.

I am am talking about what will show when you tab settings/iCloud /storage & back up. Then below backup now it shows last backup. It did not back up last night.

I do have the same auto backup problem after I updated to iOS 6 actually now I can't backup to iCloud either manually by clicking "backup now" or auto and of course I'm connected to WiFi.

Any suggestions?

I also cannot get the over night auto backup complete on iCloud after I upgraded to iOS 6 with few days, I even can't backup manually by manually clicking "backup now" and of course the WiFi is on.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I do have the same auto backup problem after I updated to iOS 6 actually now I can't backup to iCloud either manually by clicking "backup now" or auto and of course I'm connected to WiFi.

Any suggestions?

Try turning iCloud off go out of strings and back in and turn it back on

I did turn it off and on many times, I also restored the phone again, but nothing is working. :((
(My iPad makes the back up so it's not the network),

I had this happen to. Think I had to delete the backup in iCloud