What's new

I Phone 3gs Unlock Question

TheRambler

Reaction score
I've read and reread all the JailBreaking threads, but not sure if I'm getting it right, so here are my details

Phone: iPhone 3GS

Network: EE 14.0/Orange

Version: 6.1 (10B141)

Serial No: 861374RKEDG

Model No: MC637B/A

Modem Firmware: 05.16.08

What Im looking for is an option to Unlock my phone through Cydia, I think SAM has stopped being signed these days, and Ultrasnow wont work.......is there another option or do I bite the bullet and pay for the unlock code with my provider?

By the way, I'm in the UK if that makes a difference, thankyou in advance.

UltraSn0w does not work on the new bootrom. Get an IMEI/carrier unlock. UltraSn0w only supports 05.13.04 as the stock 3GS baseband, or the flashed iPad baseband 06.15.00. You cannot flash the iPad baseband or you'll brick your device, so your only options, are to get an IMEI/carrier unlock, or to buy an interposer like the R-SIM

I think most UK carriers require that the device be off their contract but at some point on their contract for them to unlock it. The price shouldn't be too steep, possibly about 10-20 pounds IIRC. Or if you're using it with another carrier, not sure about the UK, but in most cases, the new carrier can unlock it for you.

did you unlock your iphone successful? i can't factory unlock my ip4s and i found a iphone unlock software on******, but i don't know how, anyone help?

Last edited by a moderator: