What's new

I need help with the TuneIn Radio Pro app, please.

Disgustipated

Reaction score
My problem is not using the app, it's about the record feature. With this app you can record whatever station you're listening to and play it back whenever
you like. Problem is, you can only play it back through the app. Normally that would be fine but my girlfriend is hounding me about getting a song that I recorded using the app that was performed live in studio at a local radio station. So what I'm needing is a way get the song from my phone to my laptop, so I can email it. Any suggestions?

Fwiw, I have tried extracting the files from the app using ifunbox, but I can't get any conversion software to recognize the files so I can convert them. However, I'm not exactly a technology genius, so there's a good chance I'm doing something wrong.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Use an audio recording/editing program on the computer. Plug your phone into the audio/in of your computer, start playing the song on the phone and record it on the computer, then save it as an mp3.

If you like to tune in your radio frequency so you have to set the all radio channel. I always like to listen the song on radio and spend some free time. I also like to listen some best radio station online and always try to set some best frequency.

Late reply but better late than never.
Okay so this is what I did:
  • Back up your iPhone to iTunes.
  • Download an iPhone Backup Extractor. (I downloaded this one from here -mac only- iPhone Backup Extractor 1.2.4 Download )
  • Read the backup you just backed up (pay attention to dates).
  • Search for "com.alexanderben.RadioIn" and extract it / open it.
  • Under "Documents" you'll see folders with a bunch of numbers like so: 373877262.577373.
  • Open one of them up (you'll be able to tell what station you recorded from because of the png images).
  • You'll see files that have no extensions that also have random numbers; these are the audio files.
  • Choose one of those files and add ".mp3" to the end of the file name (this will make it readable).
  • Open it up in a media player and listen. If it isn't the clip you were looking for, keep repeating this on different files until you do.
Now the one problem is that sometimes the audio files are cut up into many separate files (I think this is caused by ads or how the station airs). You may have to stitch them up with another application (audacity is pretty good). Another problem is that sometimes even if you change the extension to ".mp3" it may not work. I don't know why this is and I haven't found a solution yet..

Also pay attention to the file sizes when looking for an audio file (larger files will be longer segments).
Hope this helps