What's new

I need help urgently, my iPhone doesn't work in my country.

Marven

Reaction score
Hey buddies.
How're you ?
I hope that you're all okay.
I am from Cairo, Egypt.
I am 15 years old.
I need your help urgently.
I have just got a new iPhone 3Gs.
A friend from Ireland came to Egypt and gave it to me.
But the problem that it doesn't work here.
And the device doesn't support the Egyptian careers, It supports only AT&T cards.
I heard about Jail-Breaking.
I wanted to do it because my iPhone is stuck on a screen that shows a USB cable and the iTunes item.
and it will not be unlocked unless it is Jail-Broken.
But the Problem with me that My device's "Modem Firmware" is higher than 5 as i remember.
and some people told me that this version can't be Jail-broken yet.
I need your help with this problem.
Please help me.
Thank you, have a nice day.

You can tether jailbreak it, meaning you will need to connect the iPhone to your computer to power it on every time you turn it off and want to power it on again. You will have to be doing this until there is an untether jailbreak for iOS 5.1, if your iPhone is on iOS 5.0.1 the you can untether jailbreak it.

Running sn0wbreeze and selecting the option to "Hactivate" under *General* will get you past the Activation screen.

You can tether jailbreak it, meaning you will need to connect the iPhone to your computer to power it on every time you turn it off and want to power it on again. You will have to be doing this until there is an untether jailbreak for iOS 5.1, if your iPhone is on iOS 5.0.1 the you can untether jailbreak it.

Thank you for this helpful comment bro.
But excuse me because I am new in this field.
So I cannot understand the meaning of Tethered Jail-Breaking and these expressions.
I will be so glad if you discussed more how to do this job because I Miss my iPhone.
Thank you so much again :)

Thank you for this helpful comment bro.
But excuse me because I am new in this field.
So I cannot understand the meaning of Tethered Jail-Breaking and these expressions.
I will be so glad if you discussed more how to do this job because I Miss my iPhone.
Thank you so much again :)
a tether jailbreak means everytime your phone shuts off for any reason you need a computer to restart your phone.... Are you planning on just using it for an ipod? Jailbreaking will not unlock the phone

Running sn0wbreeze and selecting the option to "Hactivate" under *General* will get you past the Activation screen.

Thank you for this helpful comment bro, I think it is the same way the previous comment discussed.
Glad to find helpful people in the forum :)

I need more discussion and download links because I can't find any of these :)

can the iphone 3gs be turned on so you could tell us what exact ios you got
go to setting<general<about see the ios and module and look for baseband and tell me it
if the ios is 5.1 then you could jailbreak but a tethered jailbreak it
  • Download SnOwbreeze 2.9.2 for Windows
  • Download iOS 5.1 for your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad
  • Download iTunes 10.6
Moderation Notice: Please review our rules! No external links to other blogs or forums.

turn off your iphone and connect it via USB
Step 1: Open Sn0wbreeze, then click the blue arrow.
Step 2: Now SnOwbreeze 2.9.2 will ask you to browse fro an IPSW, Click on &#8220;Browse&#8221; then point it to iOS 5.1(or your correct) ipsw file. you'll need to search for the ipsw file and download it online
Step 4: Select &#8220;Simple Mode&#8221;
Step 5: Click yes if you wanna Hactivate your iPhone. Then Sn0wbreeze 2.9.2 will now cooks your custom pre-jailbroken IPSW file (it will take some time, don&#8217;t worry). After finishing, you will find the custom 5.1 firmware waiting for you at desktop.
Step 6: Connect your iPhone to your computer Via USB, Open iTunes, Then hold the &#8220;Shift&#8221; button and click on &#8220;Restore&#8221; and point iTunes to the custom IPSW created by Sn0wbreeze 2.9.2 on your desktop.
done...youre iphone is jailbroken
then turn up the iphone
iPhone 3GS & iPhone 3G
if you got any of these basebands continue reading if not look for another way
go to settings general network and disable 3g(if there's no disable 3g past this step)
open up cydia click on search at the bottom of the screen
type ultrasnow
if the ultrasnow is on a version less than 1.0.1 go to manage<sources<edit<and add repo666.ultrasnow.com
if the version isn't updated reboot your system
then go back to to ultrasnow and install it
there you go the device is unlocked and you can put any sim carrier

Last edited by a moderator:
Why dont you go ask for help at Dev-Team Blog
There you can get some help, but it looks like you will need to sell it and get an unlocked iphone, give these guys a try they come up with jailbreaks and i think the unlocks. There are some companies that offer unlocks at high dollar!