What's new

i have a question

nickmills69

Reaction score
my i phone wont let me put music on it all of the sudden and i still have 5gs left of space...and tips or ideas why it isnt working?

are you running ios beta 5? this was reported as a problem on beta one that it was only letting him sync paid for songs from the itunes store

No you have to click the phone on the left list this will bring tabs up above the pic of your phone. Choose songs tab then select sync all. Click ok to it asking to delete everything because it doesn't then select sync. You'll then have purchased and ripped music in your phone as well as in your music category

Oh and from the list at the top select authorise this phone with iTunes. iTunes is the biggest bag of poo, but we all have to use this rubbish because it's apple!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and from the list at the top select authorise this phone with iTunes. iTunes is the biggest bag of poo, but we all have to use this rubbish because it's apple!

iTunes is ok once you get used to it.

Please mind your language. We are a family friendly forum...

when i grab a song to drag over to my iphone once it goes over my iphone it turns into the (/) sign

when i grab a song to drag over to my iphone once it goes over my iphone it turns into the (/) sign

You don't just take a song and drag it over your phone, what you do is sync the songs in your itunes to your phone. You have to have the songs in your itunes first and playable in itunes. Second, you connect your phobe to your computer and open up itunes. Itunes will recognize your and the iphone icon will be seen in the left panel of itunes, select that iphone icon and you will see the song tab, select the songs you want to sync to your phone and down right in the itunes windows click sync.

i have other music in my itunes that i dont want on my phone. since ive had a ipod all you had to do is drag the song onto your phone and it was on there. now all the sudden it wont work. now has the (/) sign when i try. its ever since i downloaded the new update.

You can untick individual songs that you don't want on you phone. Or create playlists for different devices...

i have other music in my itunes that i dont want on my phone. since ive had a ipod all you had to do is drag the song onto your phone and it was on there. now all the sudden it wont work. now has the (/) sign when i try. its ever since i downloaded the new update.

Yup. I do the same thing, drag and drop. You probably had it on "manually manage music" before and for some reason it changed after the update. Go to the summary tab of your iPhone, then scroll to the bottom under Options and check the box next to "Manually Manage Music & Videos".

gaz6076 said:
iTunes is ok once you get used to it.

Please mind your language. We are a family friendly forum...

Mind my language? That was me minding my language and using the polite wording for how "rubbish" iTunes is! Sorry if it offended!

Rubbish is the word I had to replace your original with.

If you had asked me what I thought of iTunes a few years ago I would of said the same thing...