What's new

I am a phonaphobe and am really worried, bill gone up from £35 to £106 ...

amlovell

Reaction score
I am clueless when it comes to phones. I have an Iphone 5 for my daughter and she has downloaded apps since owning it. Suddenly the monthly bill has gone from £35.00 which she has always stayed within to over £106.00. I phoned Vodafone who said it was internet use. My friend said it could be the GPS is on. We checked and it was. Could this be the reason? And do I have any chance of asking VF for a refund or partial refund due to it happening without realisation. So worried as its such an unexpected bill. I do trust my daughter, I think it may be a case of downloading an app that may have taken advantage, so to speak. Please help x

I'm afraid that we can't help in getting your bill reduced. You have to take that up with your cellular service provider.

In regards to the increased data usage, your daughter must have unintentionally changed something on her phone. Maybe she downloaded a new app that uses huge amounts of data. Your friend could also be right, GPS when left on for extended periods can consume large amounts of data.

BTW, the second post made by you on this same subject has been deleted. Besides fracturing any resulting conversations, making them hard to follow, duplicate posting is against our rules.

It sounds like an app downloaded by your daughter was given permission (by her) to use location services. You need to figure out which apps are doing this (check in setting under location sevices) and go into the app and remove the permissions or just remove the apps. BTW, there are apps that want to know your location that would surprise you, check them all if yiu have to or this will happen again.