What's new

Huge fire in London.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I woke up this morning to see a huge fire in a tower block in London on tv.
Fatalities have been reported.
People are thought to still trapped.

So awful.
Mt heart goes out to all those poor people.

Very sad for the families. Do they know what caused it?
It seems someone's fridge exploded....
That was on the 4th floor though and it should have been contained.
It went up like a torch in less than an hour....Seems the Insulation coating on the outside is to blame.
It's been banned in some countries as its combustible :(

Have you seen the footage? .... Horrendous :(

No, The experts haven't either.
The only thing I've seen that compares to this is the Hollywood disaster movie “The Towering Inferno”. It looks like any fire sprinkler system was completely inerrective.
I heard that the known death toll could have been much higher if it weren’t for Muslim residents waking up early to eat before sunrise during Ramadan.

The only thing I've seen that compares to this is the Hollywood disaster movie “The Towering Inferno”. It looks like any fire sprinkler system was completely inerrective.
I heard that the known death toll could have been much higher if it weren’t for Muslim residents waking up early to eat before sunrise during Ramadan.
Yes its been been compared to the film.
Apparently there was no sprinklers installed.

I couldn't believe the footage, The building went up like a dry bonfire....
I've always thought those tower blocks are an accident waiting to happen.
The really awful thing is it could have been avoided, the council was warned and they ignored it.

Its money over lives again.

Yes its been been compared to the film.
Apparently there was no sprinklers installed.

I couldn't believe the footage, The building went up like a dry bonfire....
I've always thought those tower blocks are an accident waiting to happen.
The really awful thing is it could have been avoided, the council was warned and they ignored it.

Its money over lives again.
Where I live it would be illegal for a building like that, no matter how old, to have no sprinkler system installed.

Where I live it would be illegal for a building like that, no matter how old, to have no sprinkler system installed.
Apparently and unbelievably it isn't illegal here....
There were no loud fire alarms going off so no one was alerted, People in the other buildings around them were alerting people on their phones that their building was on fire.

And I can't believe this....People were told to stay inside their flats!!!

Apparently and unbelievably it isn't illegal here....
There were no loud fire alarms going off so no one was alerted, People in the other buildings around them were alerting people on their phones that their building was on fire.

And I can't believe this....People were told to stay inside their flats!!!
I suspect there'll be an official investigation into what happened that could see if any person, persons, or companies can be held liable for the fire. I expect the lawyers will have a hay day.
I'm sure there'll be a public outcry calling for mandatory sprinkler systems in such buildings. Unfortunately it often requires a disaster like this for relavent laws to change.

I suspect there'll be an official investigation into what happened that could see if any person, persons, or companies can be held liable for the fire. I expect the lawyers will have a hay day.
I'm sure there'll be a public outcry calling for mandatory sprinkler systems in such buildings. Unfortunately it often requires a disaster like this for relavent laws to change.
Yes there will be an investigation.
I feel sorry too for all those thousands of people living in these tower blocks around the country, they must be so frightened for their own safety. I know I would be.

I have just been watching a report from Sky News people have been bringing clothing and toys and women's supplies to a local church. And now in the evening it has carried on into the street on benches.
It's appears there was a lift in building as far as know it's recommended not to use the lift in fire. And one staircase.

The most worrying thing l saw afterwards from the Ariel view was what appeared to be
AN IDENTICAL BUILDING
not far away.
I would not like to be living there tonight

Is it true the building is owned by the city? I heard this and that even renovated it was substandard