What's new

How to watch movies and tv shows on iphone/ipad

sam123

Reaction score
hey so i recently got an ipad, i mainly got it for light reading, browsing and watching movies but the ipad doesnt seem to play movies on a number of sites that i tried.

EDITED

Are their other sites like these that i can use to watch movies on my ipad ?

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:
Please refrain from posting external links other than iTunes, also you might like to try our sister site-

iPad Forum

Maybe the movie format is not supported by ipad.Mp4 is the universal format which ipad support.You can download the movie from the website,and then use a video converter to convert the movie format to mp4. For example: Xinfire Video Converter.

Maybe the movie format is not supported by ipad.Mp4 is the universal format which ipad support.You can download the movie from the website,and then use a video converter to convert the movie format to mp4. For example: Xinfire Video Converter.

You are right but downloading then converting the videos is big hassle i was looking for something easy like online streaming

I don't know what you've tried, but you can always use Netflix for television and movies. There is also Hulu, but to me Netflix is a much better deal. Also, I know on AT&T there is some sort of television package for an additional charge to your monthly bill. Oh, and check with your cable provider. I have Brighthouse in south Florida. There is an app that allows me to view all of their channels in high definition. Also, I love using iTunes to purchase movies. I use to buy TV shows, but between Netflix and cable "on demand" I don't really do that anymore. Oh, I shouldn't forget ultra violet movies. There are a couple apps that I downloaded that gave me 15 free movies. Those movies can be downloaded to your device or you can watch them via streaming.

I still have the unlimited data AT&T plan. They will have to pry that plan out of my cold dead fingers before I give it up. The reason I bring this up is because I would hate to see you get bit with huge data charges if your data plan isn't large enough or you're not on wifi.